When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally comfortable servicing the 7750!

After about 3 years and practicing many times, I am finally comfortable servicing the 7750. It really is not as hard as I thought it would be. I want to thank The Zigmeister for his help - he probably doesn't remember getting me down this path a few years ago (we had a brief forum and email exchange). I remember doing my first 2824 and 2836, they seemed so hard in the beginning. Then after a few times it became pretty routine. The 7750 presented a new challenge.

To anybody out there with a junk movement or two, I highly recommend the TZ watch school along with practice, practice, practice. Offer free service to friends and family (within reason, on the cheap stuff). Keep in mind that the 2824 and 2836 are EVERYWHERE and you'll have plenty of guinea pigs before you know it. After a while it will become like second nature.

Good idea, though admittedly The Zigmeister's thorough tutorials leave me feeling a bit... inadequate. I'm also a terrible documentarian, but I'll see what I can do.

Great to here!!! Congrats...and what a way to make the hobby interesting and challenging. Now...the next challenge...start posting some technical tutorials on your experiences!!!

Great to here!!! Congrats...and what a way to make the hobby interesting and challenging. Now...the next challenge...start posting some technical tutorials on your experiences!!!

+1

And congrats.. this is one of my goals to.

Just got the TZ school and started to look for some spare movements to work on...

I am a heavy poster in the TZ watchmaking area as well. In all honesty, I have learned far more at this forum - they are a bunch of stiff closed-minded folks over there. If you even bring up the Asian 7750 they're all over you. Actually I learned a lot from PMWF too.

As for tutorials, photos, etc. I will try to be better about it. I am one track minded when I really get into whatever hobby of mine, and don't even stop to eat let alone pause for a photo at every step. I don't stop until I'm done. I'm a member at quite a few car forums and do lots of DIY - same deal, I don't have many photos, but plenty to contribute.

Honestly I hadn't been to this forum in a couple years, thought it went offline.