When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16013 datewheel question

catboy

can anyone tell me what is the correct datewheel type/colour for a 16013

im 1/2 way through building my first franken and before i put the movement, dial and hands together i'd like to get the right datewheel in there..

also if anyone can point me towards a good source of an overlay or complete replacement wheel that would be great; will be using an ETA 2893 movement

A datewheel with the gold background (champagne) is fine, but I also see them w/ a white background. With a silver or white dial, white DW is ok. gold dial, maybe a champagne DW... This is one of those things where I don't think Rolex really cares- no hard and fast rules, so to speak.

open 6's and 9's were original, but replacements may have closed 6's and 9's

Now days, cubic-works in hong kong only sells the two DW's w/ closed 6's and 9's, white and champagne. www.cubic-works.com

My franken with a silver dial ended up with a white DW, closed 6's and 9's because that's what was on the 2836-2 I ordered from Hong Kong four years ago when I built the watch. At that point the open 6 and 9 DW's from cubic works had run out

P1000247-1-1.jpg

thanks for the replies guys, i will get a white one with black numberals.. i wasn't sure ift it would be different as its a black face, but i guess this is correct as its a stainless body with a white gold fluted bezel..

are there any open 6/9 datewheels available or are these rare as rockinghorse s**t now? i don't really want to take it to bits several times, as its a present.. as its not required for a few months i have some time if they will be available again or one might come up..

thanks again for your insight!

ben

thanks for the replies guys, i will get a white one with black numberals.. i wasn't sure ift it would be different as its a black face, but i guess this is correct as its a stainless body with a white gold fluted bezel..

A white gold bezel and ss body is a 16014- definitely need a white DW

DSC03860.jpg

I also saw a 1601TT w/ black dial- white DW- maybe at Becker's up in Dallas, on the bay of course, last week.