When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you guys think about this Newman-Tona?

Guest Sql_pl

If I am not mistaken that caseback is to accommodate the self winding rotor for probably an A7750. What someone like DW does, is he takes that rotor out to make it a self winding movement and this will also allow a thinner caseback to be used. DW has all the different casebacks available. At the end of the day you have the choice of having a self winding watch or a manual winding watch.

mjmj has it partially correct. The watch in question appears to contain an automatic winding A7750, which, being thicker (due to the winding rotor & related components), requires a higher profile (thicker) caseback. I do not believe DW sells these faux manual-wind A7750 movements. The owner would need to remove the rotor/auto-wind module himself (or have someone else do it for him). Read this.

Well owner says it is a val 72. It is listed for almost $5k:

Not worth that much I assume?

Looking at the pics on the seller's ebay page, the case could be the lower profile V72. But without pics of the movement (which are notably missing on his auction page), I would be very suspicious.

Seller seems to be a real nice guy: :rofl:

Q: I am very intrested in your item. I need right away because I intend to send it as a gift. Please email me the final price including shipping to Spain via FedEx 2 day Express. I will deal only with an escrow company.

The escrow company is a service that protects both buyer and seller against fraud.

I will pay the shipping and escrow fees. If we agree on the price, we can start the escrow process today and you can have the money in a few days.

Thanks and please get back to me as soon as possible!

A: get a life

Guest Sql_pl

Yeah but it is a common scam and I had many of these idiots contacting me on my higher value items. Scheme is always the same. They need it asap, want to buy no matter the price and have it shipped fedex to their address in Spain. They will only deal using escrow company of their choice, always a fake escrow website made on the spot. I guess they probably have someone in their Fedex who gives them packages without appropriate IDs.

I'm seeing a pic of the movement on the ebay auction. It is a V72 w/ Wittnauer on the bridge. With the thinner caseback, it would look better. It's a nice franken, worth $2500-3000, or whatever anyone is willing to pay for it. Probably nicer than a J&W franken if it's been serviced and running well.