When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crystal for 1655 rep

mastergod

Hi,

Got Andrews 1655 a week ago. I intended to use ot for a fantasy project butnow I want to upgrade it instead :thumbsupsmileyanim:

http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=247

Do we know where to source a thick plexi crystal with maximum cyclops enlargement? My reason for asking is that I am somehow confused regarding wether the gen/aftermarket crystal will match the rep movt date window. So I´m looking for one that fits both in case size + cyclops position

Thanks!! MG

Edited by mastergod

MG,

I can't speak for your Asian mvmt 1655 model but I've used both a gen and Clarks Tropic116 on the various models of 1655 I've had over the years and the date mag lined up fine. The main issue was the how tall the crystal sat above the dial -which of course impacts the mag size.

See my franken 1655 below, the date is a tad large.

DSCN4548c.jpg

It might be some trial an error for you, I'd suggest starting with a Clarks T116, only a $5 investment.

Good luck on the project!

That looks great!

Thanks! 116 ordered from Clark. Andrew said my 2836-2 movt will in it so will have installed. Would greatly appreciate a tip on dial/hands that will fit :wub:

MG

MG,

I used the stock dial but my 1655 was built from the parts of 3 different watches. Click on my signature line for details on suitable H&M hands and what was done with my dial.

MG,

The main issue was the how tall the crystal sat above the dial -which of course impacts the mag size.

See my franken 1655 below, the date is a tad large.

DSCN4548c.jpg

Do you think it would help if you were to sand down the walls of the crystal? This would make the crystal thinner and sit closer to the dial, therefore reducing the mag?

Might be worth experimenting, especially with the inexpensive clarks.