When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Breguet type XXI

Termanutor

Excellent work. This is one of my favorite models.

(TTK) Neil used to have the full gold gen of this watch. Pretty amazing. I've actually thought of the full gold rep version... just for the kicks.

There is another, 7750-based version. Have you examined that one?

Excellent work. This is one of my favorite models.

(TTK) Neil used to have the full gold gen of this watch. Pretty amazing. I've actually thought of the full gold rep version... just for the kicks.

There is another, 7750-based version. Have you examined that one?

Of course I have examined the asian 7750 version, but it's only a type XX with or without the date window, and I was searching for a type XXI with rhe brown dial (as it looks very fine with a brown leather, the pictures don't make justice to the beautiful look of the combo).

Moreover, I think that I will not risk the accuracy and maintenance problems of a mechanical movement as this one is a quartz and is for now very precise and liable.

best regards, Manu

Edited by Termanutor

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one manu.

I have always liked this model and have pondered the rep myself.

Thanks for sharing thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks for reading, Dluddy, and if you don't care too much about the "bad" fidelity to the genuine thing, go for it... For the price, I'm really very happy !

friendly, Manu.

Edited by Termanutor

Thanks for this. Breguet gets too little attention on the fora in my opinion.

I am always wondering to what extent the watch feels right. Not how accurate the placement of dials or date font is, but the extent to which it has the intricate detailing to make it feel plausible as a Breguet.

I have a Breguet chrono rep. It has one of the most beautiful dials I have seen in the rep-world. But the case and crown are not up to standard. So a really nice rep, but not totally convincing as a Breguet.

Things like lume and AR can be done subsequently. But if the dial hasn't got the detialing and the case looks cheap that cannot be corrected.

How is all this on yours? Does it feel like a Breguet?

Hi mbjoer, The watch doesn't look cheap, but I listed the many differences I find with the gen.

This doesn't really bother me as I'm very happy with it, but can make you hesitate if you want a perfect clone of the real thing!

I tried to make the pictures demonstrating for that.

Thanks for reading, FxrAndy

Friendly, Manu