When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Surfed RWG on an iPad tonight

Martyd3

They sound intriguing, but the price!! WOW, I got an Email from Apple today, the 64GB 3G model is like 899.00 USD. That's a lot of money for a device to surf the web, get emails and run Apple apps. No way I could justify paying that amount for one of those. I'll have to stick to my Iphone and my computer at home.Now if it was a watch... Well that would be a different story.

doesn't play flash videos on websites... goes to the site to download flash and then says something about how it can't download the file. :)

I tried to sync up my palm pro via bluetooth to use it for the data and no dice. However with things like the palm pre plus which act as a wi-fi access point the 3G version for like 100 more isn't really needed. Especially if you already have a smart phone with a dataplan. Why pay for two data plans lol. Now I am just waiting for sprint to get me hooked up with a phone that acts like an access point. till then it can replace my first gen ipod touch. :)

LOL I couldn't take anymore after the first three sentences. It was like Shatner on Lithum.

Sometimes...you just want to.....be working....but not....here....there....which is not ......here.....but there......

Seriously though I wonder when wireless web will ever be fast enough for practical application ie replacing DSL or Broadband.

Wifi is just a short range transmitter connected to a wired connection. I am talking about a true wireless internet connection that would allow you to replace your Broadband or DSL at home.

I'd say within five years, if not sooner :)

If Apple's past is any indication....The price will be cut in half by Christmas and have had 2 software updates....I love me some Apple but will probably hold off for 6-8mos. More excited about the Iphone coming to Verizon this fall.

Got myself an iPad on release day, it's fantastic

Much better than I first thought or whatever anyone says

I highly recommend it, and lack of flash is not much of an annoyance, most popular website now render video in HTML5 so they play within iPad's browser

And pictures look unbelievable, especially all of your wristshots :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Luke

P.S. I'm surfing RWG on it now :rolleyes: