When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on which to get ?

gtanak

Hi all, sorry if i'm not posting in the right folder. Just have a general question that i hope to get help with.

Still a newbie, so far i have got a GMT IIc and waiting for a Chopard GT XL to arrive. I'm looking next for a daily beater, but it has to be more accurate than most reps. Basically, i'm hoping my next piece doesn't have too many tell-tale signs that even an amateur can tell it apart from a gen. Looking for a piece <$500 and after searching and reading many threads here, i've narrowed it down to these choices. Hope anyone can share their opinions on which i should and shouldn't get. And greatly appreciate if you can suggest like must get straps or simple mods to complement the watch of choice.

1) Brietling Skyland Avenger V2, Grey, SS

2) Hublot BB Tuiga, rubber

3) Ferrari Gran Turismo GMT FER0003 rubber

4) IWC 3717 SS

5) Sinn U1 rubber

Thanks all!

Gerald

Quite difficult to give advice to anyone, but Skyland v2 grey is amazing (providing you get one with good lume dots).

I have traded almost all my reps eventually but this one is a permanent keeper.

1.jpg

Pls consider the Avenger Seawolf too :pardon:

Haha i like your signature Thogaa ... loud crap from the sky.. Any pic of the seawolf thogaa? i saw many versions, which would be a very accurate rep? Thanks

Quite difficult to give advice to anyone, but Skyland v2 grey is amazing (providing you get one with good lume dots).

I have traded almost all my reps eventually but this one is a permanent keeper.

Thanks BT, your vote alone may have just swung the whole balance for me! :) Let me take this chance to thank you for all your wonderful reviews and insightful comments. I've spent one too many sleepless nights browsing many of your threads. (Dun worry i'm not a stalker haha)

Thanks Eton, that's 2 votes for the skyland... If i do get one, it'll be a V2, problem is which dealer has good ones... sigh

Haha i like your signature Thogaa ... loud crap from the sky.. Any pic of the seawolf thogaa? i saw many versions, which would be a very accurate rep? Thanks

This one is the best. Doesn't have to be yellow though :whistling:

(Upgraded to Ocean Diver strap)

DSCN028944.jpg

I would consider a non chrono swiss eta powered for a daily beater. Something like this or

DSC06182.jpg

or

DSC06285.jpg

All are very well made - no one would ever call those out and you don't have to take your watch off doing the washing up :rolleyes:

I would recommend Joshua (Perfect-hour.com) for these. (and everything else) :yeah:

This one is the best. Doesn't have to be yellow though :whistling:

(Upgraded to Ocean Diver strap)

DSCN028944.jpg

I would consider a non chrono swiss eta powered for a daily beater. Something like this or

DSC06182.jpg

or

DSC06285.jpg

All are very well made - no one would ever call those out and you don't have to take your watch off doing the washing up :rolleyes:

I would recommend Joshua (Perfect-hour.com) for these. (and everything else) :yeah:

Oh My.. you have nice watches Thogaa. I'm not so daring to wear yellow yet, even the skyland grey took a bit of self persuasion haha. Thanks for the suggestions. My first 2 are from Josh too, this just arrived today.

f1403699.jpg

Oh My.. you have nice watches Thogaa. I'm not so daring to wear yellow yet, even the skyland grey took a bit of self persuasion haha. Thanks for the suggestions. My first 2 are from Josh too, this just arrived today.

f1403699.jpg

Looking good :good:

i would also go for the skyland...of course i bought one few weeks ago :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc06504a.jpg

but from what i read the tuiga is maybe the best rept HBB, and i think you would not go wrong with that eather...

the IWC 3717 is also very nice and a good rep two

and of course you have also to rhink about the other breitlings, seawolf and SOSF B) excellent rept watches

these are all excellent watches, and you would not go wrong with any of them, but at the end my friend it is your money.. choose the one you like the most , and then make a order and you will be happy ( and if you choose on of them ) i bet you will :1a:

all the best

The Skyland and Seawolf are some of the best reps available. The Steelfish Is also a fantastic rep, I think By-Tor likes this one :g: If you like to wear a bigger watch at times the Supper Avenger Is also a excelent rep, a supper rep Imho. But they are big heavy pieces @ 48.4mm and over 18mm thick. Breitlings are usally very good reps, not only In accuracy but In quailty. Actually I really like all the reps on your list. Have you looked at any Panerais? :whistling: Mike

The Skyland and Seawolf are some of the best reps available. The Steelfish Is also a fantastic rep, I think By-Tor likes this one :g: If you like to wear a bigger watch at times the Supper Avenger Is also a excelent rep, a supper rep Imho. But they are big heavy pieces @ 48.4mm and over 18mm thick. Breitlings are usally very good reps, not only In accuracy but In quailty. Actually I really like all the reps on your list. Have you looked at any Panerais? :whistling: Mike

Wow now that u mention, 48mm is really a bit chunky. Would u consider the Ferrari a panerai? Currently selling a radomir black seal to free up funds for fresh watches

Hi all, sorry if i'm not posting in the right folder. Just have a general question that i hope to get help with.

Still a newbie, so far i have got a GMT IIc and waiting for a Chopard GT XL to arrive. I'm looking next for a daily beater, but it has to be more accurate than most reps. Basically, i'm hoping my next piece doesn't have too many tell-tale signs that even an amateur can tell it apart from a gen. Looking for a piece <$500 and after searching and reading many threads here, i've narrowed it down to these choices. Hope anyone can share their opinions on which i should and shouldn't get. And greatly appreciate if you can suggest like must get straps or simple mods to complement the watch of choice.

1) Brietling Skyland Avenger V2, Grey, SS

2) Hublot BB Tuiga, rubber

4) IWC 3717 SS

5) Sinn U1 rubber

Thanks all!

Gerald

Some excellent choices there. The only one from that list which I would choose myself, would be the Sinn, (and even then, there are many watches I like more than the Sinn) but that's just my own tastes... If you really can't decide, and like them all equally, I'd suggest letting one of these make the choice for you :whistling::good:

Dice.jpg

Wow now that u mention, 48mm is really a bit chunky. Would u consider the Ferrari a panerai? Currently selling a radomir black seal to free up funds for fresh watches

Officine Panerai was commissioned In 06 to make a series of timepieces for Ferrari. Some dont like the ferrari series, feel It's to comerical. I on the other hand love all things Italian. Beautiful cars,exclusive timepices, fantastic food, and the women :mellow: Have you seen there women? :shock:

wow, you've chosen all the watches from my shopping list... I cant resist ordering these on what I'd buy next, starting from the top

4) IWC 3717 SS // well I already have this on my wrist right now, an excellent watch

5) Sinn U1 rubber // eyecatching

2) Hublot BB Tuiga, rubber // I definately need one of these

1) Brietling Skyland Avenger V2, Grey, SS // I dont own a Brietling.... yet

U might want to take a peek in the 2 R's review section

most of the reps you mentioned are there

I would view the HBB Aryton Senna also

great price for a all ceramic

I've read most of the reviews of the watches i've listed, except the ferrari. Thanks for the recommendation, An all ceramic is tempting... : )

Officine Panerai was commissioned In 06 to make a series of timepieces for Ferrari. Some dont like the ferrari series, feel It's to comerical. I on the other hand love all things Italian. Beautiful cars,exclusive timepices, fantastic food, and the women :mellow: Have you seen there women? :shock:

Haha yes my friend, i love all things italian as well especially the coffee and somehow god was a little unfair when he created Italian women ... EIther that, they must really have figured out some pasta diet to stay so shapely and sexy... Oh yah, the watches.. fantastic :)

Haha yes my friend, i love all things italian as well especially the coffee and somehow god was a little unfair when he created Italian women ... EIther that, they must really have figured out some pasta diet to stay so shapely and sexy... Oh yah, the watches.. fantastic :)

I could not have said better myself mia pizano :thumbsupsmileyanim: Im sorry I should have been more specific. Have you looked at any of the traditional Panerais,? The 111, GMT, destro, Flyback, or chronos like the 196 and 250. The orig Panerais with the big crown guard are very cool. I did not like them when I first saw them, now I love them. They look especially nice on a big thick beefy strap. If you have anymore questions please dont hesitate, PM me If you wish. Salute :drinks: Mike