When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona With New Asain 7750 Keeps Stopping - Help Please

DarrenJH

Hi I have a Daytona with the new 7750 movement (28.8bpm). It keeps stopping - usually it will run for about 1 to 5 minutes before stoppimg if in my watchbox (face up), if I am wearing it it will run upto 3 hours, but sometimes stops in as many minutes. A gentle tap to the side of the case starts it again - but it is beginning to drive me mad!!

Any help gratefully received!

thats why i havent buy a rep with the infamous 7750 mvt :black_eye: ..

Nothing wrong with the Asia 7750..... until you slap 11 transfer gears on it, that is. The modded movement used in these Daytonas really isn't worth a stuff and I wish people would just call time on them and force the rep makers to come up with something better....

Nothing wrong with the Asia 7750..... until you slap 11 transfer gears on it, that is. The modded movement used in these Daytonas really isn't worth a stuff and I wish people would just call time on them and force the rep makers to come up with something better....

i agree with you 100 % rep dealers should stop sending out these lemons & force the factorys to come up with something better ! :victory:

Didn't The Zigmeister mention you could turn the seconds@6 subdial of by removing a gear (so that not all 11 would need to move). Maybe you can then turn on the chrono big second hand instead. You have then a good running regular (non chrono) beautiful watch. Or am I saying stupid things here?? At least you can wear it.

I am worried a bit because I have one coming up from TTK but he double checks all his watches going out... So I hope all will be well with that one. It is however a risky movement...

Does it actually need to utilise all those 11 gears in normal operation though - or only when the chronos are running?

I personally don't run the chronos on mine (once or twice at the beginning) - but I rarely can see my need to use the feature.

Unashamedly I just love the style of the Daytona.

Mines 1 month old and going strong.

:3a:

Well, an update! I have discovered that if I run the watch face down it does not stop at all.

Does this lead to the possibility of a lubrication issue? After leaving running face down for 24 hours, it did not stop. Then, wearing the watch it has run so far for 2 hours with no problem.

Could I be onto something?

Well, an update! I have discovered that if I run the watch face down it does not stop at all.

Does this lead to the possibility of a lubrication issue? After leaving running face down for 24 hours, it did not stop. Then, wearing the watch it has run so far for 2 hours with no problem.

Maybe the movement just needed a kick in period?

DarrenJH,

I too bought the "newer" Asian 7750 movement and it stopped working about 1-2 days after I recieved it. I brought it to a local watchsmith who kept it for 1- 1/2 weeks. He said the movement overall was actually a quality make. I was also told by the watchmaker he discovered the watch would run when turned upside down only. Anyway, the watchmaker discovered the "train bridge" and the "barrel Bridge" (whatever they are) where not made properly (too thick) and they interfered with each other. Hence, the watch would not run when turned right side up. I don't know if The Zigmeister could fix something like this or not, but my local watchmaker said he could not. I'm thinking of trying the Swiss ETA movment for this watch, but am worried those 11 extra gears will bog that movement down as well.

Edited by Warrcraft