When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Most Accurate Rolex Sd

keeno

I bought one from Andrew, and while it is quite good, the bezel is not the right thickness, its the same thickness as the modern sub, and it should be alot thicker, other then that, its pretty much dead on. The dial, crystal, hands, cgs, etc are all really really good, even the hev (helium escape valve) is pretty damn decent.

also, the transaction was superb, just keep that bezel thickness in mind.

and yes, the 1665 is the best.

I bought one from Andrew, and while it is quite good, the bezel is not the right thickness, its the same thickness as the modern sub, and it should be alot thicker, other then that, its pretty much dead on. The dial, crystal, hands, cgs, etc are all really really good, even the hev (helium escape valve) is pretty damn decent.

also, the transaction was superb, just keep that bezel thickness in mind.

and yes, the 1665 is the best.

ahhh the mbw teaser returns!!

Which of our trusted dealers sell the most accurate rolex sd?i app your comments before i pull the trigger!!!!

cheers!!

Hello my friend. Please don't take this comment as discouragement. I encourage you to come here, learn, explore and contribute.

Your first post - or contribution to the site you are asking for us to do work. What is curious is the use of the word "our" trusted dealer. As much as i hope you do stick around and contribute. many of us don't take kindly to those who pop in out of nowhere and expect that were just sitting waiting to serve :)

if you stick around for a while. learn and maybe even contribute a bit there are many member of this forum that go above and beyond to help out a fellow watch loving soul

In conclusion - the holy grail is not an item produced by any dealer - but a thought, a feeling and a peace of mind.

Stick to that

and - choose your dealer then your watch and you will find all you seek

The answer for the best SD is a little different, methinks, as there aren't any really accurate 16600 modern SD's available. Hence, it's easier to narrow it down to the vintage MBW, as that's the only one worth buying.

The Sub is a little different, as there are so many variations of it, with so many different opinions on each that it becomes difficult to really reduce the list, especially when you have a new version out every 6 months. Constantly evolving models makes it difficult to ascertain every example out there.

Or, we're just getting soft :lol:

I have Josh's "Perfect". Yeah, I wish I'd have thought to have him swap the "normal" HE valve for the one on the "Perfect" when I had it serviced. And it needs a relume. But otherwise, it's really close. Close enough for what I want it for, and a really fine timepiece in it's own right.

If he had said submariner what would have happened?

Who has the best Seadweller gets numerous positive helpful responses. The group here is getting soft.

You mean the initiation hazing here has gone from the good old days of forcing someone to chug-a-lug a fifth of vodka and then leave their unconscious, vomiting body, naked in central park to a wimpy politically correct and palatable simple head shaving????

What has happened to us here???? No flayed skin? No walking on coals? No "assuming the position"?

This is a message board, a helpful discussion message board, not Delta Epsilon [censored]. :D

I don't know if it's as easy as just swapping the hevs. From what I've heard from the modders here, there is not really a way to get the hev out as it is cemented in and you'll risk ruining the case to get it out. I had a tw sd and really wanted to swap the hev with a accurate model but decided against it. If someone manages to get it out, let me know :)

Hello my friend. Please don't take this comment as discouragement. I encourage you to come here, learn, explore and contribute.

Your first post - or contribution to the site you are asking for us to do work. What is curious is the use of the word "our" trusted dealer. As much as i hope you do stick around and contribute. many of us don't take kindly to those who pop in out of nowhere and expect that were just sitting waiting to serve :)

if you stick around for a while. learn and maybe even contribute a bit there are many member of this forum that go above and beyond to help out a fellow watch loving soul

In conclusion - the holy grail is not an item produced by any dealer - but a thought, a feeling and a peace of mind.

Stick to that

and - choose your dealer then your watch and you will find all you seek

Hi

yeah fear enough i am new to this forum,im also a member of replica watch guide forum.im from the uk and have been looking for a dealer to buy my first rep from and i was either gonna use josh or pt.i decided to use pt as there is zero customs risk and was advised to come on here as you guys know a lot more about the quality of pt's watches and customer service.maybe i should have introduced myself first in the newbie section so hi,im steve!!to be honest tho,i didnt think it would be a problem asking the question i did.

If he had said submariner what would have happened?

Who has the best Seadweller gets numerous positive helpful responses. The group here is getting soft.

Kaboom!!!!!!!!!! I haven't heard the question about "Who has the best Sub" in quite some time. Either the noobs are getting wiser, or you are correct sir, the group is getting soft. Very, very soft! A kinder, gentler RWG.

Hi

yeah fear enough i am new to this forum,im also a member of replica watch guide forum.im from the uk and have been looking for a dealer to buy my first rep from and i was either gonna use josh or pt.i decided to use pt as there is zero customs risk and was advised to come on here as you guys know a lot more about the quality of pt's watches and customer service.maybe i should have introduced myself first in the newbie section so hi,im steve!!to be honest tho,i didnt think it would be a problem asking the question i did.

Hi

Ok everyone together now. Hi steve.

Its not that its a problem. Its just that so many folks pop in and want a good sub and are off. Frankly that's not what the board is about in my mind anyway.

You may have gotten a different reaction if you had asked more specific questions. But as el pointed out or wait as el almost always points out there is no such thing as a perfect rep. So how is one to decide what flaws constitute better or worse or even price for that matter.

Its all subjective. Real happyness won't be achieved imho by having the most accurate rep. Its by finding the rep that makes you the most happy:)

For some its the look some its the modding and for some its the hunt. But the "who has the best" question 8 times out of 10 is not answerable objectively.

I wish you well on your quest and look forward to sharing the journey with you.

And in responce to the hazing thing. Its not about hazing or right of passage till your good enough to get our info. Its about there being no answer to the question. We don't haze those that come and do their best to learn we open arms and contribute much. Many board members go to great lengths to help and advise.

And above all that this is a "message board" and all messeg boards frown upon creating new threads that cover an answered question

The answer to this question is---there is no answer. At least to the sub question.

And finally on a personal note I don't like giving time to folks that don't want to help themselves. I have shown the way to dealers helped with posting photos ect ect. But if you want my valuable time used on help you gotta meet me half way or at least try. That's just my personal opinion. (Nothing to do with steve here just talking in general)