When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3rd Annual EU GTG (non EU members also welcome)

FxrAndy

Dear all

To carry on tradition it has been proposed that the 3rd Annual EU GTG take place as usual in Brussels on the above stated dates, The format for the evening will be as before, a meet and greet followed by a stroll to a local restaurant for dinner followed by after dinner drinks in a location of your choice or return to the start location for cocktails and music.

This event has been a wonderful evening in the past and it is Stephan's and my wish that is remains so. Lady guests are more than welcome as are members from outside continental Europe, We will not be arranging accommodation but i will attempt to find one hotel that may offer discounts or recommend ones that have been used before. Members that wish to make a long weekend will find plenty to do over the weekend including the best Chips/Pommes/french fries in the world.

Past events can be seen here and here, as well as the smaller GTG that have happened from time to time in the EU that you will find with a bit of a search. This is an opportunity to meet old friend and make new ones that is not to be missed. I for one have made some very good friends and acquaintances through these GTGs.

These GTGs are not trade and swap shops but many members have gone home wearing different watches than they arrived with (last year i woke up with a DeepSea and a hang over)

I will be asking one thing of members that intend to take part and that is that we pay for dinner into a paypal account before the event to ensure that we can cover the costs of the restaurant in one bill.

More details will follow in the coming weeks, I ask that those that wish to attend make them self's known here.

I would also like to ask the collectors here if they would like too donate a watch or some thing with in out hobby that we could raffle on the evening for the benefit of the board. In doing so you will receive the the good wishes of the members that attend and i am sure it will be a good PR move.

From Stephane and my self we look forward to another memorable evening and greeting old friends and making new ones.

!We retain the right to vet new and unknown members who wish to attend, please dont take this the wrong way but this takes place at a private venue.!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to the first two and this is still one of the highlights of my calendar. I hope Taka can't make it as I seem to spend the first three hours trading all my watches with him and forgetting to get drunk!! I obviously now have half of Taka's collection and I end up playing catch up with the drinks and feeling really hung over in the morning!! Stephane is the perfect host and to all British members, the Eurostar is the way to travel, and if you email me we can arrange to start the party on the train and all arrive together. Andy and Stephane thank you in advance for organising another superb weekend.

Rob

you can count me and Karen in, that made my day :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If Taka will show up, I will bring him with me

Regarding the Hotel, do they have special rates again? I think the last time Stephane arranged a special for us?

Well unfortunately, the Hilton (or any other hotel I contacted) will not accept to advertise on my dating services anymore...

BUT, in Brussels, most of the hotel have a 50% discount rate during week-ends.

Of course, last year it was 75% discount :)

Pity they are so shy and so concerned about their reputation.

Dating customers are often hotel customers too if you see what I mean.

Dear all,

I checked prices on these hotels with Expedia.be

All are in the same range: 70-80€ for a double (which is slightly more than the Hilton last year at 50€).

All are very convenient in terms of location.

Four Points by Sheraton Brussels Louise

The Louise Hotel

NH Stephanie, TripAdvisor's choice as the best quality for the price

Bristol Stephanie Louise Hotel

The Izan Louise

The Brussels Hotel

Hotel Chambord (not on Louise but very close)

And of course:

Floris Hotel Louise

Hilton Brussels Louise

Cheers

Stephane

It depends where you live in Germany i suppose, i think if i was in Berlin, Hamburg or Munich i would fly but as i live in the middle i drive, this year i may ride. If you are thinking of coming and are looking to car share let me know and we could work some thing out.

I have just booked my Eurostar tickets for Vikky and I. We arrive 1108hrs on Saturday and depart at 1400hrs on Sunday. I can't wait. For all those thinking of travelling from the UK the Eurostar is saying it has less than 10 seats on this non flexible saver ticket and so you might want to book asap. If you PM me I can tell you all the details. The cost at the moment is

That is fantastic!

I see that the usual suspects are in once again! Lovely.

And even more, some new friends might join...perfect.

By the way, I think it's time for southern Europe to join us this year.

Where are all our Spanish & Italian friends ???? :whistling:

Don't be shy, we're just a bunch of party people :victory:

By the way 2: like last year, feel free to link this thread in the other forums of course.

By the way 3: as Andy remind us all. New comers are welcome but for obvious reasons, they must be vetted by a member of our GTG group!

By the way 3: as Andy remind us all. New comers are welcome but for obvious reasons, they must be vetted by a member of our GTG group!

While I am investigating my possibilities to attend, I welcome the GTG group to put on their latex gloves and carry out whatever vet procedure needed. Got nothing to hide here, but please be gentle.. :D