When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your First Rep.. Do you remember when?

vafarmer70

The novelty of it in your hand. What a cool thing. You said to yourself, "Wow this looks real"

Depending on how long ago this was, it probably looked nothing like the real deal.

I got my first TT Submariner, at a Christmas party in 1993 in Virginia at a refinery I worked at.

It was a quartz. I remember honestly thinking this is really awesome. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wore it daily for a long time, until the gold plating started to rub off and it looked really crappy.

I still have that one somewhere around here in a box.

And the quality in the past 17yrs of this hobby surely has improved several 100%.

Since then, I wanted better and better and better and better.

Anyone else remember their first?

Cheers.

21J Corum Admiral Cup. 41mm blue face, mineral crystal etc...nice watch but was sold during 3-4 month. To small for my wrist. :)It was bought after joining RWG as a cheaper

" test watch"

edit:but this was not my fist rep.

My first rep. was bought from Italy, don`t remember what year it was, 2003? :g: ... Horrible rep but I really like`d that tinted blue mineral crystal B) And I was probably thinking that it was really really good replica :bangin: 70eur was price.

orig_21878841_XKeT.jpg

orig_21878843_CqmW.jpg

It was the sight of a friend's Canal street Panerai that catapulted me into the world of reps. It only took me a few days to find this place and the rest is history. Oh yes, my first was a Panerai FER 008 from King; proceeded to strip the lug hole on my first strap change.

my first rep was a cheapie tag heuer i bought in high school:

dsc002523754272ld6.jpg

boy have things changed since then :o

my first rep order after finding RWG was a pam 111 and a noobmariner (shocker!); i was absolutely floored by the quality when they arrived. and to be totally honest, i remember thinking: why would anybody pay for the real deal when these replicas are so good.

boy have things changed since then :lol:

deltatahoe

Guest Sql_pl

My first order after joining RWG and TRC in 2004 was the top of the line swiss 111 from EddieLee. With incorrect bridges (036 shaped bridges) and full box set that looked totally crap, wrong color, shitty papers, horrible rubber strap. But I still felt it was awesome! And I think it was around $600 back then with all goodies!

First rep ever was a crappy quartz Cartier Tank Francaise Chrono bought from beach vendor in Cannes in 1994 or 1995, I LOVED it back then! :) And it had chrono hands glued to the dial :)

First rep I ever had contact with was my friends twotone Daytona shitty 21 j.... man how I tried to get him to sell me that back then! :)

First rep was an Omega De Ville Co-Axial. I loved it! I was so enthralled by it and amazed at the quality for a $60.00 watch. That lasted for about 5 hours when I finally got home and, like most of us here, went online in search of pics of the gen. That's when the tears started flowing. I was so sad that it wasn't even close :cry: That was last February. It wasn't until May that I finally found a home here at RWG.

Here's a quick pic of the De Vile (no that's not a typo)

DSC_0193.jpg

I must admit - it looks good in a photo though! Definitely one of my favorite pictures I have taken in a while! :D