When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rollies & Diamonds

george84

My sister really wants the ladies datejust with white face and diamonds on the bezel and band. Im hesitant to get anything with diamonds because I think it might be a dead give-away as a fake. My questions are, does anyone wear diamonds on the their rep? If so, how long does the brilliance last? Is it easier to spot a fake when it has diamonds? Thanks guys!

My sister really wants the ladies datejust with white face and diamonds on the bezel and band. Im hesitant to get anything with diamonds because I think it might be a dead give-away as a fake. My questions are, does anyone wear diamonds on the their rep? If so, how long does the brilliance last? Is it easier to spot a fake when it has diamonds? Thanks guys!

In general it becomes more obvious that it is fake the more "diamonds" there is on it...

but what really matters is wat she likes..

show her a picture and if she likes the watch then buy it...

I'm with Gran; skipping the diamonds would be best. However, you could just get a standard Ladies' DJ and if she likes it, find an aftermarket bezel set with genuine diamonds. Pricey? Probably, yes, but then she won't have to worry about whether the fake diamonds pass muster or not.

For what it's worth, the plain Ladies' DJ rep is quite nice in it's own right...

IMG_0826.jpg

I wouldn't get diamonds. It's tough enough for the avg person to pulll off wearing a plain rolex, let alone one with diamonds. It will just scream fake if u ask me. Eveyone will for sure assume it's fake. I would go with a plain dAtejust as mentioned above.

+3. I've decided that when it comes to daily wear reps "low profile" is the way to go! My wife wore this one daily for 6 months - simple, understated, her co-workers didn't believe her when she told them it was a rep:

wh datejust  6.JPG

if you're worried that it will be spotted as a rep then forget it. but if it's a style that she likes and she's not hung up about telling others it's a rep then why not?

having said that my wife does have a bulgari with diamonds ; the brilliance is still there after 2 years but then she doesn't wear it often.if it's daily wear then best to get just the plain ones.keep the bling for special occasions.

Most people really dont care what kind of watch you are wearing, much less whether it is real or not.

If you are wearing a blinged out diamond loaded watch to a job at burger king, or anything like that, you are asking for someone to comment. OR LAUGH.

If you wear a watch that is appropriate or one you could honestly afford, then no one would look twice.

If you wear a watch that you or your wife likes, who cares what people think.

Diamonds matter little

We live in a world where even the most unlikely l'ill adolescent criminal scrotes sport bling encrusted gens, and familiarity rather than breeding contempt as the old saying goes, familiarity with these items amongst the viewing public has bred acceptance (and a degree of envy).

Make sure you get a quality rep with claw set (not glued into a recessed hole) stones - and go for it.