When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend wristy

FxrAndy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunday

Photo0362.jpg

For the last 3 weeks i have had the following watches that i do really like sat on the side lines

3717 superlumed

blackbird with modded ocean racer (one of the most comfortable big watches i own)

Modded IWC Ingy

Schuhren Admiral

Champagne dialed BCE (a true stunner)

Pam Tantalium superlumed darkened polished ect

Pam 36 Destro (but i would not wear that any way as it is my daughters)

UN maxi diver

and a few others that just dont make it on the wrist recently, am I ill or sickening from some thing

With it's new movement, this won't be coming off my wrist any time soon :) A big thanks to FxrAndy for such an awesome gesture of not just one, but two new movements :drinks: :drinks: I'd read a while back, the tip of using a Sub dial marker as a replacement pearl on an Omega Planet Ocean. I decided to give it a try on this :whistling:

DSCN3030.jpg

I think it looks okay, and, being more recessed than the usual Rolex pearls, I'm hoping it won't snag and get pulled out :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Pearl looks great TJ, have you given it a coat of clear nail varnish to make it smooth and also to protect the lume

I haven't, the marker is it's literally as taken from the dial, and just glued into place in the insert, but thanks for the tip :good:

I did it with a deepsea pearl and after a while built up a nice high round glass like covering, one coat let it just about dry and then add another, as it drys it gets thinner i think i had about 10 coats at least

I did it with a deepsea pearl and after a while built up a nice high round glass like covering, one coat let it just about dry and then add another, as it drys it gets thinner i think i had about 10 coats at least

thats a good idea! i once replaced a sub pear by building it up with white nail varnish i mixed a bit of brown nail varnish i put a blob on a tooth pick and when it dried there was some settlement and i then built up some layers with clear nail varnish there was no lume but it did dry in a glass dome like finish and lasted a long while until i sold it the new owner said its still on!

Edited by aeromatic

I'll give it a go and see how I get on :) I didn't want to get it too raised, as I'm hoping that being more flush with the insert, the marker might stay in place, rather than snagging and getting pulled out, which I've found happen with all my raised pearls thus far...

I'll give it a go and see how I get on :) I didn't want to get it too raised, as I'm hoping that being more flush with the insert, the marker might stay in place, rather than snagging and getting pulled out, which I've found happen with all my raised pearls thus far...

i used to have that problem too with all my pearls but member george loiz came to the rescue with him home made pearl these will not fall out as they have a thin base the is wide and the top thin part then slots through the inset hole he made these yellow in colour to match the yellow dial markers

with a glass type cover! i should get him to do me a cream/white one

post-27094-127100890542_thumb.jpg post-27094-127100896962_thumb.jpg post-27094-127100904484_thumb.jpg

here is a couple of mt watches that have been fitted with these pearls!

post-27094-127100915614_thumb.jpg post-27094-127100926914_thumb.jpg

he has also done some customised colours like red ,black!

Edited by aeromatic

Bond-ish today

Nice bond watch! and photos ! is that backgroung your collection of 1970s (8 track cassetes?) i used to be a Dj in the 70s!

I used to be a child in the 70s but think i am managing to keep it going in to the present as well.

thats comes from not growing up i suffer from that too! as the saying goes you dont stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!! this is very true!!!

Nice bond watch! and photos ! is that backgroung your collection of 1970s (8 track cassetes?) i used to be a Dj in the 70s!

Yes &, believe it or not, I have a minty Panasonic 8-track recorder to play them back on (though it has only been used twice since new).