When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rotor Move When Winding A7750?

zzipy

Probably should be serviced... The Zigmeister posted the best tutorial on the A7750 on any board... essentially - you want to use the action of your wrist to autowind the movement- avoid manually winding the watch at all costs- even once serviced... one to 10 turns to get it running max and SLOWLY.

Best of luck!

Don't hand wind it, or you risk stripping the autowinder transfer gear, and no spare parts are available.

The problem is a sticky reversing gear, common problem, normally fixed during servicing.

You can wear and use the watch, but I would consider servicing if it's a keeper, have it done no longer than a year from now...

I have a few reps that do this while screwing the crown back Into the case. On The Zigmeisters advice I dont hand wind my autos and I have not had any problems thus far. I slowly swril the watch as If In a Brandy snifter. I have read that the less shock to the movement the better. Im sure The Zigmeister has mentioned this on several occasions. I also agree that a proper servicing Is the best remedy for a long and healthy relationship with your rep. :) Mike

Yikes.I am worried now since I did wind the watch with 2-3 good slow turns, maybe even 4-5. And today morning, before I read this email, I did wind it maybe 0.5 - 1 turns to see if the problem was still there, the rotor did not turn but the wind seemed a little stiff. I am worried the reversing gear might be damaged. What are the consequences and it worries me even more that the Meister is saying it can't be repaired :(