When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another White Comes Home to Roost

vlydog

Celebrating my 3 year anniversary as a RWG member with a new friend. Without the help from this great community this would have never been possible.

I think it was Stephane's inspiration and alligoat's beautiful franken that convinced me to build this 1680 white. With parts help from JoJo35 and Justasgood along with the Zigmeister's patience and masterful orchestration of all the lovely bits; this project is complete. Countless e-mails for suggestions and advice were unselfishly responded to by toomuchgear, FxrAndy, deltatahoe, jmb, stilty, ubiquitous, Ronin, freddy333, Big Crown, alligoat. cats, mzimand and bklm1234.

My heart-felt appreciation and thanks go out to all of you.

A dead camera battery has limited my pictures to just a couple but there will more to come>

watches207-1.jpg

watches205-1.jpg

Thanks B!

Gen parts:

127 high-hat

Lumi service dial and hands

silver date-disc

1570 movement

crown and tube/24-703, 24-7030

bezel and insert

93150 bracelet and 580 end-links

2mm spring bars

non-gen 1:1 case of unknown origin but purchased from a well respected gen collector on RWG. ;)

Beautiful piece B!

I love that little glimpse of the silver date wheel in there. I bet she runs like a champ :victory:

Congrats to the owner and builder, wear in the best of health :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Kind Regards,

JJ

Thank you B! Did my best to get a good shot of the silver date-wheel before my camera died. It has to be one of my favorite aspects of the watch.

PS: You've got the perfect rendition of a "complete service" watch fresh out of RSC. Service lumi hands and dial, service insert with lumi pearl, service top hat crystal, and service 703 crown and tube. Not to mention a complete service to the 1570 movement ;)

Wear well, and congrats again

PS: You've got the perfect rendition of a "complete service" watch fresh out of RSC. Service lumi hands and dial, service insert with lumi pearl, service top hat crystal, and service 703 crown and tube. Not to mention a complete service to the 1570 movement ;)

Wear well, and congrats again

Would not have been possible without your help B. I sincerely appreciate it.

Great build with those parts... Did the movement fit in the case straight away, or was there any work involved getting it fitted properly? Would love to see a shot with the back off.

B,

Movement fit the second case without modification.

The same could not be said of the Yuki case.

Absolutely perfect build Vly! It's fantastic looking! You should be quite proud of your new addition! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm looking forward to some more pics once your camera charges up

Thank you S.

I am feeling quite proud but very lucky and thankful at the same time. The battery is on the charger.