When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Black Themes

looks fantastic :drool:

quick question -- what endlinks did you use to put the watch on the APBands hornback? did you buy the watch on a rep strap from the dealer? if so, did the endlinks provided fit with the APBands strap without any modification, or did you have to buy the APBands conversion kit?

thanks in advance :victory:

deltatahoe

looks fantastic :drool:

quick question -- what endlinks did you use to put the watch on the APBands hornback? did you buy the watch on a rep strap from the dealer? if so, did the endlinks provided fit with the APBands strap without any modification, or did you have to buy the APBands conversion kit?

thanks in advance :victory:

deltatahoe

I have both the rep kit (bought it separate since mine came with the bracelet) and the APBands kit. To be honest I can't tell which one is which anymore.

I have one mounted on my hornback and the other on the black alligator. Both work fine. They fit with no issues.

TX btw, are this rep straps or from APstraps?

thanks

That's the APBands hornback. I was told you can't distinguish from the OEM. I haven't seen the rep but word on the street is that is not good.

I bought mine with the bracelet and got the higher end straps from APBands.

Best bet for the lugs is to buy them from a rep dealer, $40 v $180 is a no brainer, they will fit perfectly either way :)

Sweet watch, killer strap and lume, more pictures please B)

Exactly. I actually bought the rep kit for less then $20 I think. I got the APBands used for about $100. Not worthy in my opinion.

Also many folks lose a screw or two (I did). APBands sells just the screws and they work fine too.

I'll be posting more pics this weekend with all 3 options (bracelet, hornback and alligator).

I have both the rep kit (bought it separate since mine came with the bracelet) and the APBands kit. To be honest I can't tell which one is which anymore.

I have one mounted on my hornback and the other on the black alligator. Both work fine. They fit with no issues.

perfect -- that is great news. been wondering for a while about this (i'm looking to get a seconds at 12 ap roo soon).

thanks a bunch for the quick response :victory:

deltatahoe

Strange thing is the four APBand lug screws do not fit my Volcano, I had to use rep lug screws, weird because the APbands screws fit my older black themes (now sold), I don't know why that should be the case. One thing about my Volcano is that the lug holes in the case go all the way through, so a striped lug screw can be pushed out, my black themes did not have that, so removing striped screws was a total pain in the ass.....

I do not know why, but it's true, I still have the AP lugs screws somewhere in my parts bin..... :p

Interesting. The Black Themes seems to have the same strap system as the gen (btw that case is a work of art).

Could it be that the Volcano comes for a different factory?

BTW, the lower right screw is really hard to get in, not matter which kit (and the one I lost originally). I think some of these cases are hit and miss.

The APBands carbon strap I purchased fit perfectly, check my Volcano thread ;)

It's the same factory, but maybe the manufacturing tolerances are much looser in the rep world? Certainly having the lug holse going all the way through the case is handy, and you can't tell once the strap is mounted of course :)

Does the AP Bands fix perfectly in the case of sec@12?

Or you need to do something?

thx

And Amazing Lume Shot...

Based on Mickey's description of the Volcano I think it depends on the case.

Mine has 4 short screws (per gen) so the gen kits work well. The Volcano seems to have a long screw that goes all the way thru the case. The kit wouldn't work with that I think.

Vac is the master. The lume is perfect in terms of brightness per gen. The gen is not like the Omega or Pams so it is really gen like.

You miss-understand, the screws are the same as yours (four short lug screws), but the hole for them goes straight through the Volcano case, you can look through the lug holes and out the other side of the case, with my black themes you couldn't do that, the holes stopped, so if a screw got stuck in there, it was near impossible to get out! :p

The APbands screws would simply not screw into the Volcano, the four rep ones fit the Volcano easy as pie. My old black themes was a pain in the ass, you couldn't swap between a steel bracelet and a strap, due to the lug screws being tight and stripping easily, rep or APbands ;)