When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

091 project..

Almost done.. Need case refinishing and a coating...

There were a lot of works needed to fit the OEM dial to the movt as well as fitting the movt into the OEM case. But that means nothing for our expert up north. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cannot find OEM handset. Don't like the paint on DSN handset. Tried polished Ultimate handset from 164, don't like it. Decided to brushed the DSN handset, I think it matches well with the brushed stick marker on the dial. Install OEM Tritium small second hand since I like a little color difference the handset.

Comments or insults are welcome :)

Enjoy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc01668.jpg

dsc01667n.jpg

dsc01665yh.jpg

dsc01663i.jpg

dsc01661p.jpg

dsc01660rv.jpg

dsc01656q.jpg

dsc01655n.jpg

Except the crown, everything is SS. OEM auto Ti case almost impossible to find. Beside, I am not shooting for 1:1 replication, too hard to do.

This built is not accurate at all. I'll get some case picture tomorrow. No more daylight here and I don't have light box :)

Cannot find OEM handset. Don't like the paint on DSN handset. Tried polished Ultimate handset from 164, don't like it. Decided to brushed the DSN handset, I think it matches well with the brushed stick marker on the dial.

Really nice job you're doing there :)

Yes... the hands are quite special on the 91, the are sprayed with something...

The crystal also has a very special AR coating, like no other model... almost a purple, but will change color depending on the angle I think due to the refection off the anthracite, which is beautiful stuff!

Here's a shot of mine:

aimg1933.jpg

That CG is actually not accurate for the 091, as this model was only a D or E series, but the beefy CG still looks great :)

Besides you already said you are doing it to your own preferred specs, which makes this one truly unique :D

Envious of that gen dial though :wub: