When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good UN Maxi Marine Diver rep yet?

MimiSars

Remember...although the caseback is off...the rep itself is quite accurate...and you can remove the rose gold from the serial badge to correct that flaw. The link you sent was of a quartz version...which I think is a step down from the other route. I wonder if you could buy both...do a caseback swap...hmmm...or see if you can get a replacement caseback for the quartz and see if it fits on the auto...

I have a GEN and one of the main tells is the date window...the GEN's date window is "polished tube" with the date sunken below the dial surface by a few mm....the REP seems to have the date just right below the surface of the dial. The rest of the REP looks pretty decent.

the GEN Blue Surf has the display caseback showing the complete blue anodized 2892 movement...the Rep, I believe, has a seagull movement...which is more of a tell

• 3 weeks later...

Remember...although the caseback is off...the rep itself is quite accurate...and you can remove the rose gold from the serial badge to correct that flaw. The link you sent was of a quartz version...which I think is a step down from the other route. I wonder if you could buy both...do a caseback swap...hmmm...or see if you can get a replacement caseback for the quartz and see if it fits on the auto...

Just read this with interest....will the RG colour come off of the serial bridge if it is rubbed down using a scotch pad?

I have the Maxie 45 with the orange/black bezel and I absolutley love It. :wub: It's not perfect but very close and well made. The 23j movement keeps excellent time and has a PR of around 42 hrs. The movement Is also very nicely decorated. It has very good lume for a rep and the AR Is desent, not great but desent. The 60 click bezel, as per gen, Is one of the tightest and smoothest turning bezels In my collection, again very well done. The ss bracelet has a divers extension and Is of very good quality. I soaked mine In mineral oil over night and then buffed with a cape cloth the minor imperfections. The bracelet has turned out really nice, like butter baby. :D IMHO this Is one of the best reps available for under $200.00. :drinks: Mike

• 2 months later...

Just read this with interest....will the RG colour come off of the serial bridge if it is rubbed down using a scotch pad?

Definitely.

Here's My UN. some bracelets come with the center block made of steel, others titanium like gen. Gotta watch out for that. So far on this i've got the ti bracelet block, i've polished the H portion of the deployant, removed the rose gold sticker from the rotor and the gold from the number plaque on the side of the case.

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

Definitely.

Here's My UN. some bracelets come with the center block made of steel, others titanium like gen. Gotta watch out for that. So far on this i've got the ti bracelet block, i've polished the H portion of the deployant, removed the rose gold sticker from the rotor and sanded and polished the number plaque on the side of the case.

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

Wow! Great looking watch! How accurate is this in comparrison to the gen?

Wow! Great looking watch! How accurate is this in comparrison to the gen?

They're pretty good. The display back will give it away if anyone looks at the movement, but you could probably get a closed case back off another UN. The CG's aren't exactly like gen. It's a great watch, beautiful, big, and tons of wrist presence.

• 2 years later...