When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

War Is Hell

Nanuq

After becoming a father last year I see war in a different light, I did not care as much before.. Now it breaks my heart just to think of the children that are killed in meaningless "conflicts" all over the world.. To see crying fathers holding up their dead and maimed children to a TV-camera, and begging for people's attention to the waste of it all is what gets to me the most. I feel in some way I can relate to their pain, because I know that losing a child must be the ultimate hurt..

Children being killed in school and on playgrounds or in their beds.. ..it makes it hard for me to have any sympathy for the people involved, soldiers, commanders and presidents on both sides alike, anyone remotely responsible for the death of an innocent child does not get my sympathy or compassion.

I am lucky enough to live in a country unscathed by war the last 60 years, and I can see how people less fortunate see it differently, but I felt like writing this after again seeing pictures of bloody small hands and feet on TV..

-Ape-

because I know that losing a child must be the ultimate hurt..

Children being killed in school and on playgrounds or in their beds.. ..it makes it hard for me to have any sympathy for the people involved, soldiers, commanders and presidents on both sides alike, anyone remotely responsible for the death of an innocent child does not get my sympathy or compassion.

Very well said!! I couldn't agree more.

I know that every aspect of my life and beliefs changed when I became a Father. It's just something that defies accurate description....yet any good parent feels it and knows it. It needs no words. We are all part of the same "club" with no barriers of language, borders, political ideals or religious affiliations.

It's horrific what we have turned our world into. While you are reading this.....someone....somewhere....just died for no reason, benefit, or purpose. Maybe it's something that will merit a blurb on CNN that won't even register while we surf channels. More than likely...not. XX dead in a roadside bombing, XX killed in a drive-by shooting, amber alert of a child abducted, missile attacks on XX, more violence in XX....the hit parade goes on and on.

War is only the beginning of hell. It's the after effects that plunge us deeply into the true meaning of it.

Our beloved children and families pay the ultimate price for the vanity (and wallets) of our so-called "leaders".

I'm going to climb off the soap box and tuck my son into bed. It's the only part of my day that has mattered for the last 12 years.

I wish nothing but good things for you all.....even the ones who don't like me... :winkiss:

Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed in this post do not represent the views of RWG, it's moderators or members. Professional driver on closed course. Consult your doctor before following any diet or exercise program. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Your results may vary. Stunts performed by trained professionals..do not try this at home. Complications may include migraine headaches, chills, tremors, or anal leakage. Batteries not included.

:peace:

That was all very deep stuff .Simply put, WAR SUCKS! It's been going on since man took his first steps on this planet, and with the technology of war today, it will continue, until we do ourselves in, and man takes his last steps on this planet. It's a harsh world out there, and war will continue as long as we have mankind, borders, religions, leaders, weapons, etc. It's a reality that so many don't want to face. Just enjoy your time while you are still here, buy as many Reps as you can. Lighten up, drink a beer, enjoy Global warming, kills some baby harp seals, smoke cigarettes, and have unprotected sex with anyone that will do you. :thumbsupsmileyanim: To steal a quote from an Old RWG guy "Life is Good" ENJOY.:yeah:

Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create

se non etterne, e io etterno duro.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

Go on, take this test and see where you'll end up!

Dante's Hell Test

Myself:

"The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Second Level of Hell!

Second Level of Hell

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate."

Seems I am lustful.. Then again this forum might not be the right place..

Thank God I'm an atheist!

I always thought it was the Hotel California, but thanks to Everythingape and his wonderful Dante's Hell Test, it turns out that I'm actually in:

Purgatory!

"You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven."

Could be worse - a lot worse....

I wonder if there's a special circle for Panerai additcts?

I always thought it was the Hotel California, but thanks to Everythingape and his wonderful Dante's Hell Test, it turns out that I'm actually in:

Purgatory!

"You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven."

Could be worse - a lot worse....

I wonder if there's a special circle for Panerai additcts?

one can only hope.