When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Tudor Snowflake 9411 Project

Collin24

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2783 and 2784 are physically the same; diameter (11.5L), height/profile (5.35mm), pinion sizes and dial feet position are all the same. The only real difference is the beat rate. 2783 beats at 21,600bph and 2784 beats at 28,800bph.

In addition, 2783 is offered in 17, 21 and 25 jewel variations. 2784 is 17 and 25 jewel only...

2783 and 2784 are physically the same; diameter (11.5L), height/profile (5.35mm), pinion sizes and dial feet position are all the same. The only real difference is the beat rate. 2783 beats at 21,600bph and 2784 beats at 28,800bph.

In addition, 2783 is offered in 17, 21 and 25 jewel variations. 2784 is 17 and 25 jewel only...

Great, it seems that the 2783 is easier to source so I might go down that route.

Much appreciated info, Ubi.

Cheers,

Catalin

Ok, so if Ubi helps me out with the datewheel, all I need now is a blue bezel insert (the seller only has black bezels).

So, if anyone has any idea on where to find a good blue insert (original or aftermarket) please let me know. Ah yes, and a pair of springbars too is also sought after :rolleyes:

Thank you,

Catalin

Hi guys,

Which of the two bezels is more suitable for my project

???

And I would also like to know the lug width of the watch in order to buy a pair of springbars.

Thank you all,

Catalin

I would say the second insert is more suitable. The lug width is 20mm

I just bought this:

Tudor ETA2784

What do you think?

I already have a nos ETA 2784, so what can I use from the Tudor movement except the date-wheel, which was the reason I bid on it in the first place? Should I recondition the TUdor movement with parts from the other movement?

Cheers,

Catalin

Edited by Collin24

I noticed it does not have the tudor stamp on it like the one ubi posted. Now that yuki sells tudor stamped rotors it is easy for someone to sell an eta or eta clone and put a tudor rotor on it. If this is genuine it is a really good price.

Edited by gplracer

Hello guys,

I have decided upon a Tudor 9411 project and I'm in need of some information.

I plan on buying from www.yukiwatch.com the following parts: 9411 case and crystal (hope they are available), blue dial, hands set and a Tudor rotor.

The questions are:

- what crown is suitable for this case and where can I buy one?

- where can I find an ETA-2784, a silver DW and a blue bezel insert?

- where can I find a good watchmaker in the EU to put these together and waterproof the watch?

- any chance the project will cost me less than 1000$?

I'm sure there are other aspects I haven't thought about so anyone that has some insight please feel free to post your thoughts.

Best Regards,

Catalin

Hi there check out yukiwatch there now have 2824-2 complete movements!

You can definitely use it, though the movement looks just like a standard 2783/2784 with a Tudor rotor and roulette wheel fitted. There is no perlage finish and the plates look rather crude (like a standard ETA).

That's too bad, since I already have a standard 2784 in better condition and a Yuki Tudor rotor. At least it wasn't that expensive...

Well, I cancelled the deal on the ebay. The seeler wasn't sure about authenticity so we agreed to cancel.

Should everything go according to plan, I will have the datewheel (thank you again, Ubi), the dial and hands, the crown and the movement.

That leaves me looking for a case and a bezel insert. Yuki is fist option at the moment and I was told that a blue insert will be made available in the near future.

Thanks,

Catalin