When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DNA watches

marinamm20

i just saw a articel on gizmodo on some watches made by Romain Jerome called DNA collection.

what i found was 3 different DNA colletions.

Iceland vulcanon DNA watch with dial made of vulcanic ash from the eruption.

Vulcanic DNA

Moon Dust DNA watch made of moonrock dust on dial, case from apollo spacecraft and strap from spacesuite.

Moon dust DNA

Titanic DNA watch made of metals they could salvages from Titanic (wonder how he got it?)and black dial painted with coal from titanic.

Titanic DNA

vendor

Romain Jerome

cool - but i guess with a pretty high pricetag

The RJ pieces are very cool Indeed. Although there are a lot of people who think the Titanic DNA watches are In bad taste. They feel that because It was such a tragedy and that so many had perished that It Is sacrilegious to make such a watch. I really dont know how I feel about that piece. :g: Mike (ps) Bring money :o

The RJ pieces are very cool Indeed. Although there are a lot of people who think the Titanic DNA watches are In bad taste. They feel that because It was such a tragedy and that so many had perished that It Is sacrilegious to make such a watch. I really dont know how I feel about that piece. :g: Mike (ps) Bring money :o

I know what you mean there, I think the Titanic ones are a bit ghoulish in terms of the origin of the materials, and I think the proceeds from those funds should go to the families of those who were lost. The moon DNA, however, I think is pretty cool :) The Volcanic DNA I would like, if the dial didn't have the lava painted on. It's a bit like the painted PAM dials available... As an artist, I can appreciate the work which has gone into them, but as a consumer, it's not something I'd want to wear on my wrist... :pardon:

I know what you mean there, I think the Titanic ones are a bit ghoulish in terms of the origin of the materials, and I think the proceeds from those funds should go to the families of those who were lost. The moon DNA, however, I think is pretty cool :) The Volcanic DNA I would like, if the dial didn't have the lava painted on. It's a bit like the painted PAM dials available... As an artist, I can appreciate the work which has gone into them, but as a consumer, it's not something I'd want to wear on my wrist... :pardon:

+1 well said bro :thumbsupsmileyanim: