When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cloning a clone site? Erf!

Movementum

I got taken in by perfect2clones.com which is NOT Josh's site! Looks like Josh's but the WU details and contact info is NOT Josh's. Sadly I lost $150 on a WU transfer. GLAD I didn't pay by credit card.

Yikes, I'm a long time member of this site (posting on a new nick) and I got taken! Who would have guessed. I really should have spent more time on this forum in the last 6 months. Probably could have saved the $150. Ah well. It amounts to an average dinner with an average woman and an average wine. But man... I'm [censored] off at being suckered!

oh man!!! a cloned site! that sucks.

Sorry for your loss! Next time I'd email them first before sending payment. Most dealers respond within a day. josh and andrew usually respond within an hour!

Yeah I know. I usually deal with Josh... Because his site migrates on occasion, I thought that perfect2clones.com was his. It is an *exact* copy of his site. So foolishly I proceeded.

Interestingly enough, whomever copied Josh's site did indeed send me *something*. I will be curious what it is. I am kind of hoping for a watch but would be happy with Olympic memorabilia or a fun toy lol.

There's a lot of pirating going on with Joshuas pics.. It was recently by a so called dealer on another florin that I will keep anonymous.. Reason new members should stay grounded here.. And I'd in doubt post a question :)

we're here to support safety in this hobby

There's a lot of pirating going on with Joshuas pics.. It was recently by a so called dealer on another florin that I will keep anonymous.. Reason new members should stay grounded here.. And I'd in doubt post a question :)

we're here to support safety in this hobby

Was that the instance where it was possible to see how the watermarks had been removed from the photos and replaced by that dealer's own watermarks?

Well, I have been around this community for years and have ordered 12 times from Josh. The perfect2clones.com site was such an exact mirror of Josh's site (watermarks, and even the order process) that it fooled me!

There is some profound irony in buying a replica watch off of a replica of a replica-watch-dealer's site. The good news is that this is the only time I have found myself a victim when it comes to this hobby. Still, I hope that the guy pretending to be one of our dealers gets laid next week by someone pretending to be a woman!