When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a source for good quality G-shock reps

Craig S

Evening chaps and chapesses,

I'm currently looking for sources of good quality G-Shock reps. Anyobody got any suggestions with regard to collectors and/or any other sources?

Before anyone flames me into pieces haha ,I know this aint the normal place you would normally talk about lowly G-Shock quartz stuff. Reason I ask is that I recently bought a G-Shock MTG1100 and I have my suspicions it may be a fake. Just need to check with collectors and/or sources to find out if this model is available as a copy you see.

Any help would be appreciated guys

Cheers

C

G-shock reps?... I don't doubt that they probably exist.. but almost certainly not able to be found through our dealers.. Check around.. but I'm pretty sure that you won't be finding any g-shock reps around here. So where exactly did you purchase this suspect g-shock?

Yeah mate, I agree, our dealers wouldn't really deal in this kind of stuff. More just asking whether if anyone knows of other dealers/website (outside our circle) that might. Just with the large majority of people on RWG being interested/knowledgeable in the rep field, I thought it might worth a shot asking.

The G-shock i bought came in a box with version number (mtg1100-1adr) stamped on the barcode. This model dont exist (or at least i cant find it and im pretty au-fait with searching on the web). Also lume on the watch is pathetic and its supposed to be neo-brite lume. ive seen more brightness in a light bulb painted black. ha

G-Shocks are great! I had one of the first out in the US back in the 80s. it got lost somewhere in time but I sure wish I had it now...

As for reps, I haven't seen them, but I don't know why you'd want one as they're cheap enough :whistling:

Right now, I'm looking for a GW-5600BCJ and would pay just about anything for it

Very easy to tell if G is fake... at a glance even

For all things G-shock check here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 - you'll find good information for spotting fakes

Also, i like to buy my G's in japan (the jap builts are better) but if you're looking for a bargain, check out seller "ozmobiles" on the Bay.

Though I've heard stories of buying street fake G's for less than $5...

Cheers mate for web link. Already had a look there a few days ago, and nothing mentioned. Guess this G-shock just aint what I wqas expecting it to live up to.

Yeah, jap built G-shocks (like the MR-G) are awesome. Built like tanks. Still dont understand how we cant have same products available here in UK, since the advent of things like planes and ships many many years ago. Keeping the best to themselves eh. ha

G-shocks may not be high end Swiss timepieces bit they are one tough watch. I have a G from about ten years ago. I have done everything you could imagine to this this and It still works like the day I bought It. It Isn't pretty but It's as reliable as the tides :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

There are TONS of G-Shock reps in Singapore, Bugis Street. It's like Canal St. for you guys, except there's some original stuff here. They can be found for like $8 SGD (around $4 USD). No box no nothing. Just the watch.