When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to buy good crown guards?

Hi, firstly apologies because I'm sure this info is here somewhere, I couldn't find it (even before the search went down today).

I've just picked up the Pam 220 ultimate. It's great but the crown guard and lever aren't as good as the one on my relatively cheap 113 so I'm chasing a really nice one. It's polished with a brushed lever.

Does anyone know where buy good ones from?

p220.jpg

This one will be getting The Zigmeister treatment... Any other mods it needs?

Thanks for any input!

Toro Bravo and Sead are both dealers on Repgeek. Have a look in their sections there and you should find more info on that.

A more expensive alternative is Little Hero, he makes (or used to make) really nice crownguards. However his is quite a bit pricier than TB's or Sead's.

i believe they don't offer a mix cg brushed/plished but hey, pm TB & Sead and ask them, may be they can refinish it before send it to you.

If not it's not the hardest thing to do imo, take of the lever and turn polished into brushed with a scotch brite pad for example.

i believe they don't offer a mix cg brushed/plished but hey, pm TB & Sead and ask them, may be they can refinish it before send it to you.

If not it's not the hardest thing to do imo, take of the lever and turn polished into brushed with a scotch brite pad for example.

As HeadToucha put it, they would probably refinish it for you if you ask them.

It takes less than a minute to take the CG apart and brush it with the Scotch Brite pad. That and a Cape Cod are two things that everyone who plays with reps should have.

Hey, thanks guys. Yep I'm capable of refinishing the lever myself if polished...

Have PM'd TB (but no response), and can't find any info on sead/nembo/snebo. Have found plenty posts on the the guards, but no contact info... So after about 6-7 hours research on both the recommendations^ am completely at a loss.

Should have mentioned Sead's section is under the name of Super Mirrors (and he's sead1999) :whistling:

His section is right there below torobravo's on RG. Both will provide you with a CG, but you may not always get a reply instantly.

Edited because I have a memory like a sieve.

Should have mentioned Sead's section is under the name of Super Mirrors (and he's sead1999) :whistling:

His section is right there below torobravo's on RG. Both will provide you with a CG, but you may not always get a reply instantly.

Edited because I have a memory like a sieve.

Ahh, thank-you. That is just the info I needed. very much appreciated. will contact as soon their forum is back up.

Share my 229 ultimate to you .

I relume it and replace the polished Toro CG .

And I will get the 2geek datewheel & a better crown to update in the future .

You will see how different the CG is !!

One of the must mod list for the ultimate Auto-series .

DSCN5074.jpg

DSCN5075.jpg

DSCN5077.jpg

DSCN5078.jpg

DSCN5067.jpg

Has anyone bought this CG from Wholesaleoutlet990 on the bay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAM-CROWN-BRIDGE-PANERAI-WATCH-44MM-47MM-PART-/180488547777?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a05f4adc1

How is the quality on this one? I have a Vac custom watch. The crown guard on it was damaged (on the lever) since new from Vac. He told me his whole batch was like that... anyway, I've been using it as it is since. I wonder if the wholesaleoutlet990's CG is actually better than the one I have.

Thanks!

Has anyone bought this CG from Wholesaleoutlet990 on the bay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAM-CROWN-BRIDGE-PANERAI-WATCH-44MM-47MM-PART-/180488547777?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a05f4adc1

How is the quality on this one? I have a Vac custom watch. The crown guard on it was damaged (on the lever) since new from Vac. He told me his whole batch was like that... anyway, I've been using it as it is since. I wonder if the wholesaleoutlet990's CG is actually better than the one I have.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip, I have just asked the seller to send me some HR, well lit images from a few angles and with lever open and closed. Will post the response I get here.

Looks like sead/nebmo are out of stock and won't be making any more.

Guess I just have to hope toro bravo replies...

Nice watch goin6633. Any chance you could post a pic with a straight shot of the CG without the buckle in the way?

Cheers!

Here's another example of torobravo's CG (on my 088)

PAM088I-CG1-1024.jpg

PAM088I-CG2-1024.jpg

PAM088I-CG3-1024.jpg

For more pictures click here: