When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Choices..

lanikai

I read this post and still thinking about its message

the messages are many.. The most obvious to me is how we treat our fellow man.. Or how we react to situations that we don't fully understand .. Or conform to peer pressure...

I've been actually wIring for someone to ask.. WTF is this post about o. A watch forum??

The Internet is full now with replica watch forums claiming to be the biggest and baddest .. RWI .. Taking pot shots on their foru

over our Admin posting the truth about current happenings..

Sometimes egos can be so caught up in their own power struggles that they fail to see the beauty around them and the aime acts of kindness that make life so fragile...

Look at the unselfish act of 2 oppositing teams to make a difference in 1 boys life.. Personal glory was not important.. What was important was how that glory was secondary to something bigger..

So whilst forums are manipulating to gain or tempt members to "come to our side".. The common good is forgotten at times I'm n

an attempt to be King of the Hill..

I may be in some eyes, way... Off base with this opinion...

But it has been on my mind as I have always thought of RWG as a "Team" that cares more about it's members than what they can get out of traffic from sales or whatever claims there are to be the baddest..

We are about supporting one another and the new comer that is yet to come here..

So my message to you (not that it matters a whole lot).. Support the whole and let everyone else claim to be the baddest or as one Admin on another forum claimed .. To "own this town"...

And when I was sent the story of Shay.. It was from a grateful parent of a kid ... You could say I mentor.. And the last thing I discussed with him is to be be guided by his heart an to " always do the right thing" cause when other kids pick on him for the kindness he shows.. It is done out of fear of what others may think or say ...

Some may not understand my analogies.. That's ok..

This is home and I'm proud to be part of the team with so many great people :)

Nanuq has given so much to the youth... Incredible !!!

Coaching young athletes has always been rewarding .. It is always gratifying to be a part of that... But to turn a troubled young man from a life of drugs and gangs is something that eclipses the trophies of sports ... All it could take is one moment of clarity to do that for someone that has come from a disadvantaged enviorment.. Or make one challenged kid feel like they matter in the world...

It's being done everyday by the "Nanuq's" that give unconditionally...

One kid at a time... The rewards will last a lifetime!!

Tee Jay ... You have so much to give!!! Looking forward to hearing about it :)

TeeJay that's some tough stuff, to try to rescue some of those kind of kids. Every one of them has an open door somewhere in their life but wow is it hard to find sometimes.

Did you see Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood? There's a good example. Tough to do though!

I think there's been a slight miscommunication, amigos, I was involved with the Scouts in my youth, but haven't been involved with them for about 15 years now, although I still have a lot of respect for the organization, and what it offers :) Given my situation at the moment, all I can really do is try and be a positive influence for my godson. Living a life he can look up to when he's older is my Number One priority in life, even over other family :)

Indeed, fantastic movie, and indeed, a fantastic example of what it means to 'be a man, and do the right thing', certainly a goal for me to aspire too, although I'll try and avoid getting shot in my old age :victory:

[Edit to add]

I just thought I'd add this photo of my godson, and his mother, who is my best friend.

n513247632_1715581_6241.jpg

the messages are many.. The most obvious to me is how we treat our fellow man.. Or how we react to situations that we don't fully understand .. Or conform to peer pressure...

I've been actually wIring for someone to ask.. WTF is this post about o. A watch forum??

The Internet is full now with replica watch forums claiming to be the biggest and baddest .. RWI .. Taking pot shots on their foru

over our Admin posting the truth about current happenings..

Sometimes egos can be so caught up in their own power struggles that they fail to see the beauty around them and the aime acts of kindness that make life so fragile...

Look at the unselfish act of 2 oppositing teams to make a difference in 1 boys life.. Personal glory was not important.. What was important was how that glory was secondary to something bigger..

So whilst forums are manipulating to gain or tempt members to "come to our side".. The common good is forgotten at times I'm n

an attempt to be King of the Hill..

I may be in some eyes, way... Off base with this opinion...

But it has been on my mind as I have always thought of RWG as a "Team" that cares more about it's members than what they can get out of traffic from sales or whatever claims there are to be the baddest..

We are about supporting one another and the new comer that is yet to come here..

So my message to you (not that it matters a whole lot).. Support the whole and let everyone else claim to be the baddest or as one Admin on another forum claimed .. To "own this town"...

And when I was sent the story of Shay.. It was from a grateful parent of a kid ... You could say I mentor.. And the last thing I discussed with him is to be be guided by his heart an to " always do the right thing" cause when other kids pick on him for the kindness he shows.. It is done out of fear of what others may think or say ...

Some may not understand my analogies.. That's ok..

This is home and I'm proud to be part of the team with so many great people :)

The message is always loud and clear, brother :)

I have been a true advocate for survival of the strongest my hole life, but when it comes to children and also animals own by humans their is not such a phrase to be used.

They are victims of circumstances just like people that get run over by a car or falls down the stairs..I do how ever feel that people should abort children whit brain,spinal and such disabilities if they have the chance and let that soul move onto a healthier body..

I cant help thinking of the times i was at the children hospital due to my sister getting her legs fixed, i saw children whit cancer and different illness, it hurt me so much inside to see this innocent kids going tru such hard stuff at that age, one thing that gave me a smile was have good mood they are in and that really made me care about and think of all the people that works whit the kids the doctors,the nurses,the people that visit whit dogs,clowns that comes to entertain them its all what is good in humans..

Great post Lani@ it does show what is good in humans..

Dani, the people in my life that are strongest are the ones who faced the hardest challenges. My son, for example, was born 2 months premature with bad lungs, a hole in his heart, and nerve problems. Now he is a strong Eagle Scout and he can face any challenge. He also has experience to give others that struggle, because he has already "been there". Now he is Range Director at scout camp and he mentors about 200 boys every summer. He has something to give them.

Think of a tree growing in a rock on the ocean shore. It is twisted from adversity but it can stand any storm. Compare that to a tree in a meadow. Any strong wind will blow it down.

You are right, that strength is what is good in humans.

Really nice and touching story! Sadly this not the normal way it goes in the daily life with handicapped people and that makes me sad.

Especially younger people dont treat "other" people with the respect they deserve(I dont want to generalize it).

Due to the illustrating notation I could imagine this game pretty well.

Thanks for sharing!!