When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I like the new vintage series rolex rep redsub !

aeromatic

Damn that looks good chi!! Yet another added to the "I should be saving up for the gen I want but migt just have to get this first" - list.

For a $198...a little sweat...hopefully no tears...it'll be a great looked piece! I'm going to try a new fading technique on the bezel...will keep everyone posted on this!

@Star69...that is a freakin great collection of subs!!!

Hey guys thanks for the kind comments on my modding skills! Here are some pics, you guys judge for yourself. I believe it is a "bang for your buck".

Cheers!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Yes these new series are the way to go for a low priced goodlooking watch! i see kingwatch has the redsub with the 2846 slow beat but i think its got the escape valve its hidden behind there logo? and the back case is stamped with hv valve ect ect i see that they have also fantasy custom no crown guards modern subs too!

SUPER WATCH THERE Chiman SUPER!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by aeromatic

post-27094-127306789352_thumb.jpg redsub 2846 slow beat, brown dial with he valve ?

from kingwatch

post-27094-127306793427_thumb.jpgwhats this fantasy sub custom built?

post-27094-127306795579_thumb.jpg

NO COMMENT!mmm!

Edited by aeromatic

Sheesh.....bracelet marked 63150 instead of 93150.....WTF with these knuckleheads

what the rep factories need is a few resident (Forum expert) vintage watch consultants! but then again we would not have any thing to mod and complain about!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: sharp eyes you have there!thats what makes this forum great!

Edited by aeromatic

• 1 month later...

Well i recieved the redsubs from puretime i was not sure if i would like the tropic dial/bezel so i ordered both versions, the brown redsub was perfect with a nice thick tophat crystal and good case i love the 2846 eta slow beat, great sound i found the tropic dial a bit too new looking for a vintage watch but very eye catching as a homage watch.

the black redsub looks more vintage with its matt black dial both watches have nice yellow markers not over bright like most other out of the box reps and the crystal has a quality feel without looking cheap this is the only reps out of the box that i will leave the crystals alone all my others i had to replace this, black dial redsub was not water resistant a quick splash under the tap soon had the crystal fogging up, the tropic was watertight and i assumed that the other one would be! anyway i took it down to my watchmaker friend when we removed the bezel and bezel retaining rings the crystal just fell off held together by a plastic ring once the ring was taken off it could not be refitted so my watchmaker made a brass ring and also glued the crystal with epoxy now the watch is watertight!

the other problem was that the spring pin holes were not drilled out enough and the rolex type thick springpins were reccessed in the case (the tropic holes were good so we drilled them then i wet sanded the case sides with 600 grade wet n dry and then polished up the case to a less shiny finish this also smoothed the newly drilled out holes

date magnification on these watches is good a nice watch for 200usd out of the box or a good candidate for modding i will add some photos later on!

Edited by aeromatic

I hate to always be the dissenting voice (aside from Justasgood's citing of the incorrect bracelet stamp) with these types of pieces, but all of them look like Canal Street watches to me. Yes, they can be modded, but I would begin the process by throwing out the parts that seem to be their biggest selling points - their dials & inserts.

I hate to always be the dissenting voice (aside from Justasgood's citing of the incorrect bracelet stamp) with these types of pieces, but all of them look like Canal Street watches to me. Yes, they can be modded, but I would begin the process by throwing out the parts that seem to be their biggest selling points - their dials & inserts.

puretimes latest redsub bracelet is marked 93150 and endlink 285 are these correct? what are the correct numbers for the redsub?