When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Arrow Orange

mossanti

Hi guys,

Im just wondering you have this watch and where to get the best one from? Anybody here really have the specialty to build this watch as per gen. If i own a rolex rep this would be it .. Let me know where can i source this one >> Enjoy the pictures!

3181.jpg

1655.jpg

rolex-explorer-gvm5lc.jpg

PC-David-D-----1655ag.jpg

rolex-explorer-gvm1lc.jpg

3754.jpg

3753.jpg

rolex-explorer-gvm4lc.jpg

rolex-explorer-gvm3lc.jpg

rolex-explorer-gvm2lc.jpg

I have one, and I must admit, I do not like it. They look fantastic in photos, but personally, I have found that the dial is really cluttered and difficult to use, compared to a Submariner dial. I expect any of the main dealers sell this watch. I bought a relatively cheap rep for myself, and I'm glad that I didn't spend more on it. I would not get rid of mine, simply because it makes a good spare watch as a backup, but it does not see wrist wear for any other reason :pardon:

[Edit to add]

DSCN2883.jpg

They look fine in pictures, but the additional hour markers on the dial make it awkward to read. Sure, a mystery dial is read by guestimating the position of the hands, but as there's no timing scale there, the mind just makes a judgement, with the 1655, as there is the timing scale, the mind tries to actually read the time, and given the extra markers, it gets a bit :bangin: :bangin:

I agree. I have never owned one, never liked it much. compared to the GMT, the GMT wins hands down, not only because it's a much better looking watch IMO, but with the ability to time a 3rd time zone, the GMT has more utility.

OMG the dial crown is off center .. SOME QC OUR "TRUSTED" DEALERS HAVE .... what .... it's a gen? .... oh nevermind.

Sorry, OP; I should explain that many people in our hobby complain about the most tiny things wrong with a rep, and I am simply having a bit of fun with the (appears to be) off-center crown on your photos of a genuine watch

So at this moment i can see alot of un satisfied feeling for this watch design. Now im not sure if this the rght path for my 1st rolex. Anyway, what is ur rolex preference for gen model? Post. Some pictures as i dont really know the rolex model. The journey begin.

Mossanti,

I'm not here to debate the popularity of the Orange Hand, its polarizing to say the least with peoples feeling about the watch. My 2 cents; if you like the watch for whatever reason then you should get it, you're the one wearing it and should only be your opinion that matters.

There are no good 1655's out of the box. Please click on the link in my signature line for more about my own modded piece. I will say that there is some buzz about more vintage Rolex models coming out of China soon and the 1655 may be in the lineup. You may want to hold and see what comes onto the market.

Good luck on your journey either way.

Here is a closeup of mine to give you an idea of what can be done with mods and several doner watches mixed and matched.

DSCN4548c.jpg

So at this moment i can see alot of un satisfied feeling for this watch design. Now im not sure if this the rght path for my 1st rolex. Anyway, what is ur rolex preference for gen model? Post. Some pictures as i dont really know the rolex model. The journey begin.

First things first, and that is I would never buy a gen Rolex :D Now we've got that out of the way, my suggestion would be for the Rolex GMT Master II with pepsi bezel:

DSCN3038.jpg

This is easily one of the nicest watches I've ever had the pleasure of wearing. It's something a little bit different from the usual Submariner, but also has the twin time-zone capability. The colors of the bezel make it a great casual watch, not really a good one for a suit, but a very nice watch to wear. I agree with everything toomuchgear says below:

Mossanti,

I'm not here to debate the popularity of the Orange Hand, its polarizing to say the least with peoples feeling about the watch. My 2 cents; if you like the watch for whatever reason then you should get it, you're the one wearing it and should only be your opinion that matters.

There are no good 1655's out of the box. Please click on the link in my signature line for more about my own modded piece. I will say that there is some buzz about more vintage Rolex models coming out of China soon and the 1655 may be in the lineup. You may want to hold and see what comes onto the market.

Good luck on your journey either way.

Here is a closeup of mine to give you an idea of what can be done with mods and several doner watches mixed and matched.

DSCN4548c.jpg

Best thing to do is buy one and see how you get on with it as a watch :) If you like it, no problem, if you don't like it, hey, you can always try and sell it on, or just keep it as a spare incase any of your other watches fail :)