When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Closest Pam 249 dial See page 10 for the Final Piece

Rolexfinder

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is concern about the lume... While I understand, I must say I love it this way as well! I would buy one either way! The lume as it sits is very mellow and contrasts so well with the dial. I am not a much of a purist obviously, I just have good taste.

@NoobyPanFan: I totally understand your thought, mate. :) I am the same with you as well. If there were no suggestions from our members as well as my factory itself regarding the true numbers' color, I already deiced this is the best from the factory. Anyway, let's see the ultimate dial together. :D

Moreover, for anyone who asked for an ultimate completed set of Pam 249, I send my order via one of our fellow in EU, now. I might get the gen Pam 249 for this factory. Which means we might be able to have the true ultimate Pam 249 in the future.

For production, I intend to run the number on the case in order to make it close to gen as much as possible. With this custom made project, we will get the best Pam 249 from Homage watch factory which have quality as close as gen (you know that we dont have to pay advertising and raise price to $15,000 something for Pam 249. :p)

Cheers,

Paul

PS. for people on list above who are the first group of heroes from every boards who risk their money into this project with me :p

I will reserve the right/ priority for them to get a completed set of Pam 249 which I have to do in with in this year. To be honest, you guy made me go far than what I want to finish this year! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@NoobyPanFan: I totally understand your thought, mate. :) I am the same with you as well. If there were no suggestions from our members as well as my factory itself regarding the true numbers' color, I already deiced this is the best from the factory. Anyway, let's see the ultimate dial together. :D

Moreover, for anyone who asked for an ultimate completed set of Pam 249, I send my order via one of our fellow in EU, now. I might get the gen Pam 249 for this factory. Which means we might be able to have the true ultimate Pam 249 in the future.

For production, I intend to run the number on the case in order to make it close to gen as much as possible. With this custom made project, we will get the best Pam 249 from Homage watch factory which have quality as close as gen (you know that we dont have to pay advertising and raise price to $15,000 something for Pam 249. :p)

Cheers,

Paul

PS. for people on list above who are the first group of heroes from every boards who risk their money into this project with me :p

I will reserve the right/ priority for them to get a completed set of Pam 249 which I have to do in with in this year. To be honest, you guy made me go far than what I want to finish this year! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Paul i would like add me to the list, for buy these beaty dial.

thanks

sounds great Paul!!! Push the button Baby!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Paul,

you are THE man!!! :1a:

I've already started saving for the ULTIMATE 249 CALI (non-gen)! Pressure's on!! :Jumpy:

Tell me, whenever & wherever you find the "ULTIMATE" 47mm Radiomir case, one with the correct shaping on the sides. As I've read the CARTEL cases even aren't the correct shaping.

Do you think you'd then be looking for an ULTIMATE 232....??? :inverted:

Just throwing it out there...

Thx Paul.

MM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

please accept my apology for being selfish by did not let you know the progress of the dial as well as did not reply you promptly or never reply,there are a lot of PMs flood in my pm box almost everyday. :)

So far, the second prototype dial is here. :) It is almost done, mate. From my inspection, it is around 90% close to gen already. :)

GetAttachment3.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

Looks good, but it looks like the numbers are getting fatter with this dial when they should be getting thinner.

As someone else has said, is it possible to get some dials without the L, so it just says swiss made? Then we could lume the dial ourselves to make it a vintage 3646?

I've just seen this thread - I'm interested as I saw a gen the other week and now I need a rep! :D

Thanks for the excellent pictures :)

If my untrained eye may be so bold as to offer a comment...

... I would perhaps say that the font is a little 'fat'?

The font looks correct, but it looks a bit like someone's pressed the 'Bold' button on the keyboard?

For example, look at the circles in the centre of the 8 in the comparison picture (great idea to have them next to each other, by the way!). The centre circles seem a little small?

And the line at the top of the 5 seems to meet the 'curve' of the lower part rather than being clearly separate from it?

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn as this is looking great so far, it is just what my untrained eye sees! Sorry! :blush: