When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blackbird

sea-dweller

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I've had my brushed metal Blackbird rep for over two years. As said above, it's very much like the Gen except the caseback. I don't know about which version I have, but it's certainly a great watch. I went for the more pricey version so the the cronos were correct with a good movement.

When you plan to buy, try to buy from someone who will check the position of the lume at the 12 o'clock position. Mine is just a small fraction off centre but not very noticeable. I don't know how off-centre they can get, but I'm happy with mine.

Unfortunalby, two screws fell out before I had a chance to use locktite on it. I don't know where to get replacement screws, or even if it's possible to get hold of some.

Good luck with your search.

Edited by Iron fist

IMO, there's only one REAL Blackbird - and it comes brushed!...one of the best Breitling...great looking dial and an amazing bracelet...

as far as i know - there's only 1 factory of the a7750 Blackbird - so choice of dealer for same watch...

worth posting a WTB for a member sale - but less popular than the BCE, Skylands and SOSFs...

good luck...R

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I loved my brushed (proper version) rep Blackbird, I had to get rid as the finish wasn't as good as the v3 BCE.

Otherwise, a fantastic watch and I'd certainly buy the gen Blackbird if I had the funds. I wouldn't buy a gen BCE though.

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly a pretty watch (and agree that's nicer than the BCE), however nobody mention the problem with the sec@3, isn´t that an issue to count on with this watch??? I would appreciate if someone could tell as this is one in my wish list but I´m not 100% sure due to this.

Thanks!

Edited by Navitimer

The seconds @3 movements are better due to the pivots being jeweled in this movement, nothing like the time bomb seconds @ 6, there have been a number of watches with the big date complication where the quick change function has faild and the day can only be changed by winding the hands for word but that is fine if you have have it on a winder or wear it alot. Both of mine have been fine.