When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dssd V5.3 / 2010 / Ultim. cartel version 316F steel

Edwin25

Hi guys,

After a long time my VACV'ed DSSD v5.3 is coming home... in December 2009( when i sent it to VAC) in mine opinion the "ultimate version".

Now i see that ET has brought out a 2010 ( V6) version and the Cartel had a "Ultimate version" as well which has 316F steel and is waterproof.

After a lot of reading on this forum and other forum, i am still confused about the big differences in those 3 watches? 8)

Does anyone has al 3 of them? ( of reviewed them?)

Tnx for helping out guys.

E.

Hi guys,

After a long time my VACV'ed DSSD v5.3 is coming home... in December 2009( when i sent it to VAC) in mine opinion the "ultimate version".

Now i see that ET has brought out a 2010 ( V6) version and the Cartel had a "Ultimate version" as well which has 316F steel and is waterproof.

After a lot of reading on this forum and other forum, i am still confused about the big differences in those 3 watches? 8)

Does anyone has al 3 of them? ( of reviewed them?)

Tnx for helping out guys.

E.

I wrote a short review with photos of the 2010 ETZ version. I think it's a really nice watch, however with all the problems going on with ETZ right now, I wouldn't recommend them. This one also allegedly has the 316F steel, but according to one of the forum members who did some rather involved metallurgic tests, none of these are really made from true 316F stainless.

Honestly, if yours has been Vac lumed and your satisfied with it, I wouldn't worry about these versions. they do correct some flaws, but other things are still wrong.

Here is a link to the review DSSD 2010

I wrote a short review with photos of the 2010 ETZ version. I think it's a really nice watch, however with all the problems going on with ETZ right now, I wouldn't recommend them. This one also allegedly has the 316F steel, but according to one of the forum members who did some rather involved metallurgic tests, none of these are really made from true 316F stainless.

Honestly, if yours has been Vac lumed and your satisfied with it, I wouldn't worry about these versions. they do correct some flaws, but other things are still wrong.

Here is a link to the review DSSD 2010

Tnx Panerai153,

I have read the review, good job!

E.

Poor Christina Model; those jugs are gonna be hugging her knee caps by the time she's 29.

Gravity is a sumbitch...

Spot on! I work with somebody like that...the poor girl always looks uncomfortable and has serious back pain...they say 8/10 women wear the wrong bra! Oh, sorry, what was the question?

V6 has a better pearl and dial finish than the V5.

cartel Ultimate .. I've never been a fan. Fat hour markers and wonky |10 | on the insert .. which you can pay EXTRA $$$ to have fixed ... Hmmmmm :yuk:

Hypothetical Waiter says - "Before I bring your dinner out, Sir, I'd like you to know that the steak you ordered has a very large dead cockroach sat squarely in the middle, held in place by a toothpick. For $100 and one extra week lead time, I will be happy to remove that cockroach before leaving the kitchen."