When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Founders Keepers

freddy333

You guys,

will drive me crazy with this tread!!! :Jumpy:

Me too. :bounce:

Update -

As of this morning, the coronet seems to be stuck on the dial good & tight (& in exactly the correct position) :thumbsupsmileyanim: . It stood up to a dial brush and a moderate stream of compressed air from a can. I am going to give it until this evening to be sure the epoxy is fully cured before casing, but it looks good. :)

Me too. :bounce:

Update -

As of this morning, the coronet seems to be stuck on the dial good & tight (& in exactly the correct position) :thumbsupsmileyanim: . It stood up to a dial brush and a moderate stream of compressed air from a can. I am going to give it until this evening to be sure the epoxy is fully cured before casing, but it looks like good. :)

Congrats freddy!

I suffered a setback in re-assembling the watch. The minute totalizer subdial hand collapsed & must be replaced. So I ordered a new handset & will update final pics of the assembled watch once I have them. In the meantime, here is an interim pic of the partially assembled watch

008-2_2__tonemapped1-1.jpg

Back when the accurate PN dial was hard to come by. I bit the bullet & bought a gen dial and have it refinished by the redial company in Texas/ Dallas. The dial has been sitting in my part box for 1.5 year.

I like your painting of the second hand in red. Very unique.

Flex

Back when the accurate PN dial was hard to come by. I bit the bullet & bought a gen dial and have it refinished by the redial company in Texas/ Dallas. The dial has been sitting in my part box for 1.5 year.

I assume you mean you bought & repainted a non-PN gen dial? Pics please.

I like your painting of the second hand in red. Very unique.

I saw a PN with a red chrono seconds hand many years ago in a Southeby's auction & decided to go that route when I did the original construction on this 1. (There is also 1 in the Rolex special edition that Watchtime magazine put out a couple of years ago. Though, believe it or not, I seem to recall thinking that it may have been a rep. :g: ) However, now that I have the new dial in there, I may end up repainting it back to stock. Still not sure?

Thanks, All.

As I said, I have to replace a hand, which is en route. And, now that I see the potential with the new dial mods, I will probably send the watch off to the Zigmeister for the full monty (V72s are 1 of the movements that I am not comfortable working on). But, in the meantime, here are a couple of quick-&-dirty pics (minus 1 hand) to give you an idea of things to come. With the missing hand in place, this watch would definitely fool me if I saw it in the wild (even with a loupe)

014-2_2__tonemapped1-1.jpg

023-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg

Excellent work F333. :tu:

Curious, what method did you use to paint the second hand orginally? Airbrush, regular hand painted, shaker can???

Can't wait to see steller new photos when the replacement hand arrives.