When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And They Said It Couldn't Be Done...

ubiquitous

What are you thinking is a realistic e.t.a. on these wheels???

How bout now? are they done now?

How bout now? No?

NOW?

PP

PS. How bout your next project be a better RLX font on the Vintage dials?!?!

How bout something that looks a bit more Vintage!?!? or even better, how bout the markV dial?!?!

http://www.doubleredseadweller.com/watch/d...ark6addict1.jpg

Edited by poopypants

Inkjet? Look again. That is 1:1 of a gen datewheel. Ever tried to get a gen datewheel? Ubi might give up his...for 800 euros. :)

They're not THAT impossible to find if you know where to look - however I'll happily give my gen silver flat top 3 calibre 1570 datewheel up for €800 :whistling:

Great first draft Randy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can't wait to see next run, you know what project it's put aside for ;) (how's your dremel by the way :lol:)

The revision is being discussed... And fine details to be scrutinized. That's all that's left on this iteration, as the major hurdles (being function and application) have already been confirmed as a go- The overlay on my watch functions 100% as it should, and that was the goal with this prototype. The overlay fits, lines up and the dial clears it with room to spare so that means that the date snaps over nice and neat with no jamming or sticking.

One thing that we're looking to achieve is authenticity in aesthetics. We don't want fonts to be too straight, nor too perfect, as the genuine datewheel from the 1570 was far from it. Rather, we're finding the challenge in duplicating the look of 1960's - 1970's printing technology, or lack thereof, as too straight and too perfect would be just as wrong as too jagged or too rough. It's finding the median between the two that will result in a genuine appearance ^_^

At any rate, I'm quite excited about these datewheels; they're one of the last few elements currently missing in the vintage Rolex models as far as 'fixes' go ^_^

• 1 month later...

I'm just some guy who tests these things out on my personal subjects. But... I think we're getting closer and closer. The true mastermind behind the project has made some major breakthroughs... Needless to say, based on what I've seen, I'm quite optimistic.

For now... A glimpse of v2.0, which has silently made a few appearances. v3.0 is, I suspect, where the soup will be.

136586-18086.jpg

Hopefully soon... I'm an eager beaver to see proper date fonts on me vintage favorites.