When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with budget reps

jdkno

I have a small credit with one of our dealers, I was going to hang onto it until something new came out but I have decided to use it. I am thinking I would like to get a budget rep that I can use as a beater watch. I would like to stay under $200 including shipping. So far the only thing I have come across are the IWC VCJ, the Choppard GTXL 21j for $108 and a few of the Sinn watches.

Anyone have anything I missed or any input on the ones above? I have searched and read as much info as I have found but wouldn't mind some honest input as it applies to my situation.

ETA I was just browsing and noticed there are a decent ammount of IWC pilot series with 21j asian movements that are in the $160 range anyone know anything about them?

Edited by jdkno

I'd be tempted by the 21j Datejust II Rolexes that are around $138 as they're pretty nice, especially the Black Mother of Pearl dial :wub:

Or I think I'd be tempted to add perhaps $50 to that credit and splash out on a Sinn for around $218 + postage. The U1 is pretty much a Super-rep IMO - near as dammit perfect, and gen parts fit! You can later get a gen strap for under $100 (I think?) and a Bezel is about $175 if my memory serves me correctly.

The U-Black is also coming out at the end of June from what I hear ;) so you may want to wait for tht one!

Guest Carl
$200 = "Budget Watch"? That's more like high-end in my book!

Lately it's been $50 to $55 delivered.

There is a world wide recession and that applies to China also.

Carl

This Is just one persons opinion but the UN Maxie with the 23j movement can be found between $160-190. If you are Into Ulysse Nardin timepieces than the maxie45 should be on your list. I have had mine for about nine months and It has not givem me so much as one problem. This rep has very good lume decent AR, beautifully decorated movement that can be enjoyed behind the saphire exibition caseback. The bezel Is the best out of all of my reps or gens. Nice and tight with reassuring clicks. The ss bracelet Is also very nice, well made. It Is a very accurate timekeeper to boot. Did I mention that I like the UN Maxie :pardon: Mike