When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hewhoislikegod Scamer ?

vlaletom

After some long wait and interogation i am finnaly writing this post.

I am willing to expose somthing that has appened to me, even i dont find it very pleasent to start public accusation.

Maybe this post should have been bteter placed in « Menber trade review » but i think it is more like a scam alert.

I think i have been scamed by HeWhoHisLikeGod.

First of all i would like to says i am not whining, i made somthing stupid and got screwed, and i have goten over it ...

But i do think i have to tell it to other menber here.

So here is the whole story:

Back in march at the begining of the « new » rwg nanuq ubiquitous started a thread about difference betwen a gen and a DW 6265.

I played the difference game with them in that thread.

DW 6265 vs. gen

Although i was pointing out the little difference, i was impress by that watch.

A few minuts later i recived a PM from HeWhoHisLikeGod giving me DW email.

"DW actually recently came back selling the Vintage Watches, keep it quite cause last time he got overwhelmed with orders and went iton hiding, he only accepts WU, but he is legit here is his email, beware he speaks shitty english.

xxxxxxxvxxx@hotmail.com"

(email masked for obvious reason)

So i went on considering actually buying a DW 6263 ...

during the next few days i did a few search on that subject and got convinced that it would be my next purchase.

I olso noticed several thread where HeWhoHisLikeGod was talking a lot about how his DW watch was good etc ...

I Finally mailed the email he gave me and got a reply the next day.

I exchanged several email with that suposed « David Wong », it was rather convincing, email header had the user name as « david wong » right from the start, the english was like advertised, i was asked to chose the dial from pictures etc ...

And that were i made a hudge mistake : send money to an unknown dealer on the behalf of an unknown menber (yes i know how dumb i was)

So far i only had perfect transaction with dealer and menber (but with well respected ones)

the suposed DW told me i would have to buy befor the 24/03/06 or wait at least 3 weeks because i was taking a break.

In my foolish exitation i agred to make a 400$ WU payment to a dummy name in Rosville CA.

With a pick-up question.

I paid the 22/03/06 and money was collected the very same day.

I mailed again to know if watch could be shipped befor his break and got that response :

« watch in mail DHL 10-15 days, i have someone send yuou track in day or so

regards, david wong »

3 weeks later nothing ...

I was starting to have a very bad felling about all this (actually i had just the day after having paid).

But iwas thinking that maybe he could not ship befor his break.

1 month later i went myself on vacation

when i got back of course there was no watch for me.

I mailed the email info many time since then without any reply.

I got convinced i got screwed and got a bit disgusted and whent away from rwg and reps for a few time. Focussing more on some vintage watch restoration and learning the very basic of watchmaking.

Finaly i decided to ask HeWhoHisLikeGod if he still had contact with « his » DW he told me that he had and would ask him what had appened.

But strangely he never got back to me.

So i did what i should have from the very start and asked nanuq about DW and told him my long story. And olso if he could confirm the email info i had for DW. The one h gave me « looked » the same. So i started to think it had nothing to do with HeWhoHisLikeGod.

Nanuq told me he would talk to DW about me.

The very next day i recive an email for DW (the header info was not David wong bu just David by the way).

Dw teels me he don't remeber having unfinished buisness with me, but that it could be a mistake from his part.

I send him The WU paiment info i used and we exchange a few mail, but even if he says he his sorry and dont understand, he has no clue of that whole story.

A few day later i finally realise that HeWhoHisLikeGod has given me :

xxxxxxxvxxx@hotmail.com as info while i am now exchanging email with :

xxxxxxxwxxx@hotmail.com

Notice the w instead of v on the letter i have not hidden with xxxx patern

Those who know DW email will understand that this isnt easy to notice.

Realising this i started to be very suspicious about HeWhoHisLikeGod and i am now convinced this was a very well planed scam.

Of course it could have been a typo in the first PM, but somone was ready to actually play DW a that info.

I mailed him about it, asking how he could explain that, but even if my PM was flaged as read i never recived any answare.

So now the only thing i can do his to tell everybody about it.

Maybe it will make HeWhoHisLikeGod explain his point of view.

It will olso alert other menber of such a scam.

I would like very much to be wrong, but it really dont looks like it.

Thks for those who had the patience to read that whole post.

Tom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit this certainly sounds like an elaborate scam.. Done in a way that would make it very difficult for you to trace it to any of the parties involved.. hewhoislikegod can claim he is innocent since officially he was just the middle man helping a guy out... And the look-a-like e-mail address scam has been used for years, a single letter difference is easy to miss, so I can't blame you.. who the hell fine-reads the addresses anyway?

Your evidence of a scam is quite obvious, since he gave you the look-alike address himself, but it would still be interesting to hear what hewhoislikegod has to say about all of this, just to get his side of the story.

tut.. tut.. tut

Sorry to hear this.. but it's a little misguided to come to this forum, and see the scammers being named and shamed, and honest dealers praised..

Why O why then buy through unsolicited emails with scammers... in essence "Spam" mail?

The people who run the scam sites mentioned here and on the other rep sites, are probably also members here too, looking to scam people still..

I think you were at fault be dealing with someone in this manner and not sticking to the trusted dealers..

We live and learn :wounded1:

tut.. tut.. tut

Sorry to hear this.. but it's a little misguided to come to this forum, and see the scammers being named and shamed, and honest dealers praised..

Why O why then buy through unsolicited emails with scammers... in essence "Spam" mail?

The people who run the scam sites mentioned here and on the other rep sites, are probably also members here too, looking to scam people still..

I think you were at fault be dealing with someone in this manner and not sticking to the trusted dealers..

Although DW is not an active dealer on the forums, I can 100% confirm that he is NOT a scammer or dishonest dealer in any way shape or form. I have had numerous transactions with DW with each one successful, and delivered as promised.

I acquired 2 Daytonas from David, always sent WU to China, never to CA.

He had to send me some new endlinks and my deaings with him were nothing but the nicest, most polite and honest in nature.

Yes you are right i know that it was very dumb of me.

Not to buy from DW who has been very helpfull to me and really have such a kik ass product.

But to go blindly like that send money at an info i had no proof of who it was.

I should have checked with senior menber and none of this would have appened.

I am just warning about hewhois.. and what can hapens with him or any body that has not serious reference.

I am only clarifying DW in the matter. I am fully aware that vlaetom did not buy direct from DW (though he was lead on to believe otherwise...)

Yes I understand.. I only posted in reply to that because my post was quoted in relation to your statement on DW, despite my post containing no references to DW in it :black_eye:

Yes you are right i know that it was very dumb of me.

Not to buy from DW who has been very helpfull to me and really have such a kik ass product.

But to go blindly like that send money at an info i had no proof of who it was.

I should have checked with senior menber and none of this would have appened.

I am just warning about hewhois.. and what can hapens with him or any body that has not serious reference.

I feel your pain.. I almost handed money over to one of those replicacenter stooge sites, before I found the rep forums..

I guess this is all a learning process :bicycle:

tut.. tut.. tut

The real DW is no scammer... and he is in China (and his WU goes there). This is more of a bait and switch.

DW is by no means a scamer.

He didn' had anything to do with me scamed (and his rather [censored] off, that somone has been using his name to go fishing for easy money)

And he tooke the time to contact me, to try to resolve my issue, and replyed all my email even when i hadn't noticed the email typo trick.

My warn is about HeWhoIs ...

And possibly to any not proven menber trying to "help out" a low post count user by willingly saying

"hey, here are the DW/george/xkenzo email u needed"

If you can prove HewhoislikeGod sent you the PM in question, I doubt we'll hear from him, or if we hear from him, I expect we'll be told he was just passing along info he got from someone else who must have scammed you.

Clearly, somone committed at least two felonies, one of which carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 51 months in Federal prison thanks to the use of Western Union. I expect you'll find that that hotmail, Western Union and California and Federal law enforcement agencies will give you their full cooperation should you choose to aggressively persue this, which you should.

If it were me, I'd make damn sure that whoever did this someday regrets being such a small time weasel, paying a big time price for $400.

@archibal

i still have is PM in my mail box.

I don't consider pursuing, i will get over it, but my only action is to expose it to the whole forum wich i waited long befor doing ..

beside here in france it's against the low to buy reps :(

@linder

thks i might go for a bmw in the near futur, but i WILL have to get a 6263 and a V72 first cause i am certainly not going to stay on an echec like this .. so m next $$ will go into it.

tut.. tut.. tut

Excuse me, but since I don't know you I am reluctant to suggest that you shut the [censored] up.

What this individual is describing sounds like an elaborately contrived scam, initially involving an exchange with (although clearly not involving) Randy, a well known and respected member of this forum.

There is a sort of credibility by association (professionals call this affinity fraud), and if someone I do not know seems to be engaged in discussions with someone I do know and respect, that can have some impact on my perception of them - and I feel fairly comfortable saying that I know a damn site more about frauds and scams than you do.

IF this person's story is true, and it certainly rings true to me, he has been scammed by a deliberate contrivance that could easily have fooled anyone.

I changed my mind.

How about you shut the [censored] up unless you have something useful to contribute.

Bill

Yes I understand.. I only posted in reply to that because my post was quoted in relation to your statement on DW, despite my post containing no references to DW in it :black_eye:

However, your post states 'sticking to the trusted dealers'. My post is clarifying for anyone not familiar with DW that he is a trusted dealer, though not an active dealer on the forums. Nothing more, nothing less, and quite clear.

I agree with Bill, I could not have said this any better. I think Starbu (with 6 posts) should shut his mouth and stay out of this !

I feel very bad for vlaletom, Hopefully we will be able to find out more about Hewhoislikegod's escapades of fraud, and appropriate legal action should be taken.

I am deeply sorry for you loss!

I agree with Bill, I could not have said this any better. I think Starbu (with 6 posts) should shut his mouth and stay out of this !

I feel very bad for vlaletom, Hopefully we will be able to find out more about Hewhoislikegod's escapades of fraud, and appropriate legal action should be taken.

I am deeply sorry for you loss!

Yes, yes and yes...