When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hewhoislikegod Scamer ?

vlaletom

man, that sucks. I am very sorry for your loss Tom. to be honest, for anyone who named himself "hewhoislikegod" bugs me. I don't know why, and since we are all just sit behind our computers, other than a very few get together, by me just reading that handle, on the surface, to me, it sounds like someone perhaps who is very full of himself, and may also have some god complex issues. that is just me, it will be interesting to see how it pans out.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you gotten the IP address out of the headers of the hotmail email responses and tracked down his ISP? It should be a fairly simple matter to put the local Roseville PD in touch with his ISP and narrow things down fairly quickly.

As I am sure the punks are fully aware, that doesn't work with hotmail - otherwise, I'd have been on that already.

Bill

This has the makings of HeWho...God

I am the one who got the YM from this guy and had a lot of problem with it. I'm sure some of you have read my posting already in Member Trade review. I see payment was received by a dummy name using WU collecting in Roseville, CA. When I received my YM the sent from address was somewhere in Rocklin, CA from "HeWho..God". Guess what? These two towns are within 5 minutes of each other. Could very well be a 3rd party involved in this transaction.

Coincidence???

I also have emails (gmail) from him as well so if anyone wants to check for IP headers to confirm just let me know. What about the location of the WU? I'm sure they have cameras there so you can check who p/u the $$. Just a thought.

Edited by sdpartier

man, that sucks. I am very sorry for your loss Tom. to be honest, for anyone who named himself "hewhoislikegod" bugs me. I don't know why, and since we are all just sit behind our computers, other than a very few get together, by me just reading that handle, on the surface, to me, it sounds like someone perhaps who is very full of himself, and may also have some god complex issues. that is just me, it will be interesting to see how it pans out.....

I think it was the (ancient?) hebrew translation of his christian name, which is something like Michael. I can't remember but that was his reason when he transferred over from the old RWG and picked that name.

And yes, it does make him sound full of it...

So far 3 dodgy deals - DOA to thomasng, the YM and now this :(

@Nanuq

Thks again for your support, you allready have been very helpful. Thanks to you the real DW contacted me and i could sort it all out.

How is this different than Dutchy's situation? What say we throw in a couple bucks and set Vlaletom up with a DW?

Well i wouldn't acept anything. As i have said i think it is realy my mistake, i am very happy with the support i feel here from various menber, but if i had used more cleaverly the info that this forum allready provide i wouldn't be where i am.

But many thks for the proposal.

@chieftang

the ip that loged in hotmail was: 66.60.175.6

wich resolve to: 006.175-60-66-fuji-dsl.static.surewest.net

netflow:~ # whois 66.60.175.6

OrgName: Surewest Internet

OrgID: SURW

Address: P.O. Box 969

City: Roseville

StateProv: CA

PostalCode: 95678

NetRange: 66.60.128.0 - 66.60.191.255

CIDR: 66.60.128.0/18

NetName: SUREWEST-INTERNET

NetHandle: NET-66-60-128-0-1

Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Allocation

NameServer: NS1.SUREWEST.NET

NameServer: NS2.SUREWEST.NET

Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE

RegDate: 2001-01-03

Updated: 2002-10-24

Definityvely in roseville.

So if anybody can track other email from hewhois.. from there, let me know it would start to make serious proof.

Djeeez,

Sorry about this. I could have the same thing happening now? I received the hotmail email address from DW from one of the very respected members also participating in this thread. It had the W in the address and David only as a header when DW replied. But I just tranfered 400 USD to China using WU...China is a good sign... (stupid to use WU?). However DW send me the tracking number 1 day later. Let's wait and see. It could have fallen for the same trick... and maybe I have. Sorry for you to hear that. That Roseville stuff must be trackable...or the guy must have been in an Internet cafe... right?

Well one day we have all fallen for a scam sort one way or the other. It's part of the game I guess. I have bought from Idealwatches once and I bought some gen Zodiac a week ago on the Bay and the guy put a very high value on the package. Customs made me pay 70 USD tax on receipt... I wouldn't have accepted it but my girlfriend thought I would be happy to receive the watch after a month so she paid cash while I was not reachable by phone...surprise from my girl to me... what do you do.

I can only say that exactly the same thing happened to me, got forwarded an emaoil address and the same process started. Cannot remember from who though, could have been Hewhoislikegod, not sure.

but I checked with someone who was in contact with DW and he confirmed it was unauthentic address.so, luckily, I didnt go ahead!!

Shame, I am sorry for your loss.

Robbie

I actually had a somewhat positive dealing with HWILG a couple of months ago. He offered up acouple of DW bezels here and I immediately sent him an agreed upon amount for the SS one. A couple of days later, it became apparent that I was getting a good deal, as at least one more came up for sale at a much higher price. The days went by, and I worried a bit, but I am very patient. After 3 weeks it appeared and I got an apologetic email when I emailed him that it had arrived. The only thing that floored me was that it had been sent with no wrapping or protection, just in a letter envelope. What really floored me was that it arrived at all having been sent like that. I have in the past received empty cardboard envelopes with neat holes where a Rolex crown had been punched through by the machinery and so am very careful whenever I send something out for someone else. I did get my bezel though. Sad to see if he is the perpetrator of a scam here.

HeWhoIsLikeGod asked me about fake id's a while ago. He wanted to know where to get one, cause he said he was underage and wanted to buy beer and stuff.

Slay, why is it when people want to do something illegal they come to you for advise? :D

Vlaletom, hope it gets sorted out.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

WTF? I don't see what reason Vlatetom has to be accussing me of such :oops: ! I don't ever remember giving any info regarding DW to him except for a couple weeks ago when he contacte me abouit emailing DW regarding a transaction he had. I have bought from DW a couple times and can prove it. I have contacted him for other people and willingly giving out his email many times. I really hate this :oops: place, how after a couple bad transactions. One of which being nanuq, which was my fault and I was willing to and did take care of it, so I thought. And sdpartier, who is a little :oops: ! I did nothing to the YM that he says I did and he can :oops: himself for all I care. I am not here to scam anyone, espeacially for only $400 dollars. If Vlaletom really got screwed it wasn't by me so if you want blame it on me go ahead and do so, I don't give a [censored]. I know I didn't and thats all that matters. sdpartier posts his stupid post about a YM which I think he is the one who :oops: with it cause I and the member who traded it to me both will say it was in good condition before he recieved it, and it was like 3 days after he recieved it that there was a problem! Now all of the sudden everyone thinks I am some kind of scammer. I have been a member here or rwg atleast for 2 yrs. and know a couple bad transactions and I am being called a scammer. I want to know when vlaletom says I sent him dws address? I don't even know where I got dws address, but the address I use sure works for me and the other people I have given it too! I have had alot more good transactions than bad ones, but what the :oops: this place is on my last nerve. I will leave if everyone thinks I am such a [censored]ing hazard! I dont :oops: understand why am i being accussed of scamming this douche? I do live right by roseville and know right where it is, that is :oops: up, I dont know vlaletom and where the hell is this coming from? i am willing to provide any info you guys want to prove my innocents. vlaletom please let me know why you think it was me cause I dont remember ever dealing with you until this whole YM deal came about. Anyway, I think this is al so :oops: up and unfair to me. over $400 :oops: dollars? yeah right! I am not :oops: stupid! Anyone who wants to hear what I got to say send me a pm, and to the people offended by my :oops::oops::oops: your selfs.

Well, there you go, folks.. Straight from the horse's mouth. (no still not Van Nistelrooy) Two sides to every story, and although SOMEONE probably scammed vlaletom, some people on this board are quick to jump to conclusions.

I certainly hope I don't end up on the sending end of a deal gone bad, and go to sea without being able to reply. I'd look like a major scammer or at the very least an [censored] for not responding.

I guess the proof will be in vlaetom showing the admin the PM that he hasnt deleted, as well as corroboration of addresses from others who have done deals with this guy (hwilg) ? (I still refuse to use that name, as I find it too presumptuous!) :g:

everything ape, who's the girl? :wub: