When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Seconds @ 9 - Where to buy?

ezyu2

Hi,

I'm in the market for a Daytona, the black faced, two-tone stainless steel version. I have contacted my preferred dealer about finding one in a Asia 21j movement, but I would rather have the seconds at 6 version. However, I just won't pay for something with a known flaw and could break even on arrival!

I've searched around and apparently the seconds @ 9 model is the most reliable? I don't mind that this is a giveaway sign, I just want a good and reliable Daytona! Where can I buy one from?

Also, how much would it be?

Thank you!

I'm not certain that factories even make the tri-compax 7750 sec@ 9:00 Daytona any longer. At least, not with the sec@ 6:00 version in production.

My suggestion on this would be to keep an eye out on the trading sections. These things do turn up every now and then (seems I recall seeing a few even as of recent). Or, perhaps posting a WTB may net decent results?

:)

Thank you both for you're replies!

Yes, that watch thankfully is in stock. So, how good would it be? I mean it's the Asia copy of the Valjoux movement? Will it be reliable enough to last for a few years?

I also will need to know how would I have the watch serviced? I really don't think my local watch repair shops will touch replicas... I could ask but I think they won't for company policy :( is there anyone on here who would do the service?

And finally, is the seller trustworthy? I notice from you're signature that you have a Daytona with the seconds at 9, where did you buy it from? How good has it been?

Many Thanks!

I forgot to add, I also like the white version. But from silix, the white-dial version doesn't seem to look like the black dial version, the writing looks poor...? Is this the case? Sorry for the stupid questions, I just don't know where else to go for advice! Thank you for your time.

So, how good would it be? I mean it's the Asia copy of the Valjoux movement? Will it be reliable enough to last for a few years?

1st, the movement is not a copy of the Valjoux. The A7750 is a copy of the ETA 7750, both of which are known to be reliable movements (when properly serviced, which means you will need to find a watchmaker to service it upon arrival since rep movements are rarely in good condition when they are installed in your rep watch). Regularly serviced (all mechanical movements should be serviced every 5-7 years), the movement should last a lifetime. However, you should expect that the case parts, especially the crown/tube, will not.

I also will need to know how would I have the watch serviced? I really don't think my local watch repair shops will touch replicas... I could ask but I think they won't for company policy :( is there anyone on here who would do the service?

Contact RWG member Ziggyzumba (there are hundreds of threads by & about him - he is very good & very reliable).

And finally, is the seller trustworthy?

Very slow to ship or respond to emails (my last 2 Silix watches took nearly 3 months to arrive), but generally reliable.

By the way, this is NOT an accurate Daytona rep. Read this (you will need to research current websites because they may have changed since this was written).

I notice from you're signature that you have a Daytona with the seconds at 9, where did you buy it from? How good has it been?

Errrr... Mine is actually a Daytona that I built using a genuine El Primero 400 (the same base movement that Rolex uses for their 4030 in the Daytona 16520). So, it's got the same base movement, genuine dial, hands, etc. It has been very good to me.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

:)

Thanks again for you're replies.

Firstly, how come you say it is not an accurate rep? It looks good, I am not really fussed about whether the case is bigger or the crystal is higher. As long as it's not dramatically obivious I'll be okay with it.

Secondly, I did a member search but nothing came up for The Zigmeisterzumba?

Also, building my own Daytona - as much as I'd like to - this won't be possible as I just am not that technical, honestly I would ruin it. :(

Thank you for your help, it is much apprciated!