When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Classic EMS Tracking

offshore

Here is a great example of the EMS "Black Hole"

I have been waiting urgently for a couple of items, so i check again this morning and EMS tracking shows.-

2010-05-25 21:55:00GUANGZHOU Posting  2010-05-25 22:52:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center  2010-05-26 04:12:00GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center  2010-05-26 05:12:00GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs  2010-05-28 00:28:00GUANGZHOU Released from Customs  2010-05-28 00:58:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

So I decide to check my local post tracking, and find the goods were received in this country 24 hours ago and are waiting at my local PO for collection.

:: shakes head::

So DO NOT rely on EMS to have anything like updated info.

These goods were able to travel, AND be delivered before EMS could update!

Offshore

The last rep I orderd showed It had just arrived at JFK, In New York. About three hours later the watch was deliverd to my house In North Carolina, about 1,500 mi away. Dam those EMS folks are quick. true story :D Mike

WOW, an average speed of 500mph :o :o Do you know what trucks they use? :D

I always found it odd that occasionally stuff goes through Chinese customs when it leaves from GZ...

Everything goes through Chinese customs when it leaves GZ.

Normally it's plain sailing, but when there's a blitz by CN Government a lot of goods get turned back.

Ken

Guest Carl

I have not used EMS for more than three years.

Reasons:

Local Post Office sees no difference between it and regular mail. It is never treated as Express Mail and if you don't like that, call your Congressman. Good luck with that.

Registered First Class is only a day or two later at worst and is more reliable, at less than half price. Any post office understands Registered First Class. They can't blame it on EMS or anyone else. Little-known fact: registered mail is traceable once it enters the USA. Get the registered number from your shipper. It's as good or better than the EMS number.

Spend the money you save on watches.

Carl