When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the best movement to get an authentic sweeping seconds hand?

kevnick80

Hi guys

Relatively new to Rolexes. Am just wanting to find out, how do i look for a rep that has a sweeping second hand which moves without stuttering, just like the real thing??

And also, do all new rolexes come with the crown symbol etched at 6 on the glass??

thanks

Probably an ETA2836 (real, clone, or variant) and I think they all have the coronet except the DSSD and the Milgauss GV (greenish tint crystal).

Thanks guys, will look out for those movements.

Another question - does anyone know what holograms that are on the back of new genuine Rolexes as I think I'm right in saying they may have changed design slightly? My rose gold Day-Date I just bought from watcheden doesn't have any hologram and was just wondering if I could buy one and stick it on.

And does anyone know if I can have the crown emblem etched into the glass on my current Rolex??

Thanks!

Thanks guys, will look out for those movements.

Another question - does anyone know what holograms that are on the back of new genuine Rolexes as I think I'm right in saying they may have changed design slightly? My rose gold Day-Date I just bought from watcheden doesn't have any hologram and was just wondering if I could buy one and stick it on.

And does anyone know if I can have the crown emblem etched into the glass on my current Rolex??

Thanks!

If you want some.. I'm sure one of the dealers here can source you a couple, but it's really not anything special.. as most gen owners simply throw them away or paste them in their owners manuals. If you were your watch a lot, the hologram will come off with time anyways....

The majority of people that buy reps buy them as they want it to seemto them and others that they have been able to buy the real thing, so of course im going to pass it off as a genuine!!!

Yeah,i agree with what you say, most owners do take the hologram off

thanks guys

you cant see the etched crown on the glass of a real Rolex. only under magnification and perfect lighting conditions. Reps with the crown etched in are an instant "tell" that its a fake.