When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 1939

scotch

I got my IWC 1939 from Josh and it is an awesome watch for the price. I replaced the rep strap with alligator strap and it looks fantastic!

I'm not very good at writing reviews so please forgive me if you don't find this post useful compared to those well written pieces on the forum.

Here are some pictures I want to share with you guys :)

The dealer claimed that it has double sided AR and the AR actually looks good under direct sunlight

P1070102.JPG

P1070101.JPG

and indoor under my desk lamp

P1070098.jpg

The dial looks good compared to a gen that I examined in AD although I never had the chance to compare them side-by-side.

The print of the characters, white lines, and sub-dial are all in good quality without any mis-print that was found in another member's review of a white dial 1939.

P1070104.JPG

P1070106.jpg

The watch is powered by a 6498 movement HW. The movement felt solid during winding and keeps good time. Based on the case construction, I would say that it is not very water resistant even for splashing or washing your hand (never had it tested though). So I opened the case back and applied some silicone grease hope to maximize it water resistant capability. Replacing the rep strap has a huge boost on the look of the watch. I recommend to anyone who has bought this IWC :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

Nice :)

Does look good in the black and, as you say, you don't get the dial printing issues!

Where did you get the strap from? It seems that you need to spend the watch price again to get a good one! lol

Mr. X! You are the one who got me into the 1939 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes, the strap is about 200 USD, which is about twice of the price I paid for the watch! It is an aligator strap. I got it from an AD in Taiwan. I walked in and told them that I have a 1939 at home and I need a strap. They picked up a 1939 in store and found the best fit (thickness and color) alligator strap they have.

Cool! If it's from an AD then I imagine it's a quality strap B)

A strap really can make or break a watch though so I think it was a good investment ;):tu:

I hope you enjoy wearing it, I think it's the rep strap that puts me off wearing mine as much as I should!