When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

v1 bracelet on a WM9 v2

By-Tor

v1 WM9 bracelet is the best they ever made. The recess is correct, the SEL perfectly shaped and the fit is perfect.

You gotta live with the solid middle links on the last 4 pieces but I'd be willing to make that sacrifice. My last links are hollow (thanks to a mod by a friend).

77.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks Red.

I think correct looking SELs are much more important than say, pearl.

I have a gen pearl & insert for mine but I haven't installed it yet. WM9 v2 is just :wub:

@vlydog: Yeah I'm feeling better, thanks. There's a good thing about being sick: You have more time to be a ultimate watch geek and polish & obsess over your pieces. :D

@red: Get v2 and try to source the v1 SELs. That's the best thinkable combo.

@ubi: Don't you miss your ultimate flat S v1? I loved it. I actually wish that I had kept my v1 and have both dial combos. :(

Sweet looking sub BT. So in ur opinion is a v3 that BK is offering now a step back when compared to the V2?

Tribal, who's probably the most knowledgeable 16610 guy here, thinks so. Read this.

I've read all of urs and tribals detailed review of the subs V2 n V3. Just a little torn btw getting a V3, gen insert wif pearl mod or wait around for a V2 for more modding options. Is the V3 really that inaccurate at the crown? Any current owners to comment?

I think you're more than fine with v3... I don't think those differences are that important. But then I'm not a hardcore Sub man like my friends Tribal and watcher.

The SELs just bother me on the WM9 Subs. That's why sourcing the good SELs is the important mod, imho.

I think you're more than fine with v3... I don't think those differences are that important. But then I'm not a hardcore Sub man like my friends Tribal and watcher.

The SELs just bother me on the WM9 Subs. That's why sourcing the good SELs is the important mod, imho.

I get what you saying... To have an ugly gap is really quite an eyesore. I just had a feel of the gen... Its a watch that's growing on me... but i'm still taken by the ceramic bezel of the GMT IIc... sigh, if only there was a WM9 version on sale already...

GMT IIc did nothing for me. I don't see the appeal... I love the classic Pepsi only, but if you like the watch go for the "Ultimate" Noobfactory version, it's pretty good rep.

GMT IIc did nothing for me. I don't see the appeal... I love the classic Pepsi only, but if you like the watch go for the "Ultimate" Noobfactory version, it's pretty good rep.

I had the GMT IIc rep, bought and sold within a month... couldn't take the cyclops over-mag problem as well as the ICHS although the watch ran like a charm on 2836-2. For me its the ceramic bezel and the oh so Rolex green needle. The pepsi is such a classic... I'll prob end up with BK's transformer one day as well

THe biggest problem with the sels are the humpback appearance and also they never curve them enough. The latest V3 sels are quite good if only the shape was a little more curved.

As Bytor states, the V1/V1.5 sels were three peice but much more accurate in appearance and I had them fitted to my V2Franken until I bought a gen bracelet on Ebay last week!

Just to add that if anyone wants a pair of genuine 3 peice sels I have a band for sale in the strap section. With a little skill you can remomve the band and swap the sels over for that perfect look.

To me as I'm sure Tribal will agree, the V2 was the best case. Once you fit a gen tube and crown the crown height over the V3 is hardly noticable and CG's are nearly perfect on the V2 case.

The only real problem on the V3 which cannot be sorted is the recess between the guards which is a little too deeply cut and allows the crown to sit too near the bezel whereas on the V1 and V2 cases this is not a problem.

Truly an expert in the Sub field watcher! :good:

Shall keep my eyes peeled for a V2 WM9... I'm more for a watch that can be modded/shaved etc to look more gen like than 1 that is unmoddable cos its been cut too deep..

Ive had all the major rep subs....MBW, TW Best, Noob, Beginer...all modded fully by Bk himself. I have sold them all once I bought my V3 from Bk. To me its the best. Best feel, fit and finish of any rep sub I have ever seen....period. My SEL fit tight with no gaps. They could be ever so slightly more recessed but its close enough that it does not bother me at all. Date mag may be ever so slightly less magnifying than gen but its so close and the gen varies also. In terms of the crown sitting a bit too close to the case this may be true but again its very close and in my mind gives the watch a better fit and finish appearance. I have seen many rep subs with just the opposite issue....the crown sits too far away from the case and the result is a sloppy appearance...not gen like at all. I dont screw my crown all the way down....I back it off three quarters of a turn. The watch is still watertight but this lifts the crown slightly away frrom the case.

BTW, I'm waiting patiently for one of your reviews.....anything on the horizon?

Thanks man. I reviewed the BCE and Skyland just recently, check my section.

I'd love to get something new and write the reviews but I really don't know what... I've had them all, seen 'em all... maybe a IWC for a change?

I also have my eye on Ebel BTR and TAG Link Chrono gens... the new Link chrono with 2XAR and display caseback impressed me, saw it on AD just recently... or maybe a 1675... :)