When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling deployant clasps

subbiesrock

The Breitling AD here in Aus is yet to dignify my email with a response... Just wait and see what a croc and a deployant will cost here. I spent some time in Germany over the last few years and bought myself a top of the line Hugo Boss suit, a "Jam/Sharp" for those in the know. Full tailoring, sleeves, pant length AND the lats taken in a touch, tailoring all inclusive, from the Flagship store in Berlin, mind you. 500 Euro (about US$600), free tailoring included (a bit of charm always helps out with the ladies, the tailoring I later found out was close to 70Euros on its own!). I saw the same suit here in Australia, from a Discount Factory Outlet for couture brands, strewn on some nondescript shelf. ... Wait for it... AUS$2500! (US$2000)!!!

This is what we are used to contending with here. It's utterly ridiculous. You guys in the EU and US have it easy, I assure you. Spend some time in Australia with some slightly refined taste in clothing and you'll need to take a second job (or sell a kidney!) ;)

I've priced some brieting gear here in Aus (not this particular item though), and you _are_ in for a shock. Across the board we're 30% more expensive than the US and Asia. The brietling Mesh for eg. is worth 900 AUD with no haggling for cash like when buying watches. While OS it's worth about 650 AUD (based on straight conversion at the time).

This actually goes for all high end luxury. For eg; LV speedy 35 in Aus= 1100, while elsewhere its about 750 (AUD).

Why do they charge us so much? Because, simply, we can afford to pay.

I will never buy gen again in Aus. Will save that for when on Hols.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if this helps, but thewatchprince.com has the Breitling deployant for $30. It's the true inside-flip style for straps w/ no holes. I bought it a few months ago and it worked okay for my python skin band, but i had to use some pliers to shape it a bit better to fit. Anyway, the 20mm is currently out of stock right now or something, but there's the 18mm available. You can try to email them to see if they will be getting any more in stock. Here's the link (find "B-style clasps" in the bottom right)L

http://www.thewatchprince.com/watch-band/Deployants-Clasps

Edited by UFG

• 2 years later...

The Breitling AD here in Aus is yet to dignify my email with a response... Just wait and see what a croc and a deployant will cost here. I spent some time in Germany over the last few years and bought myself a top of the line Hugo Boss suit, a "Jam/Sharp" for those in the know. Full tailoring, sleeves, pant length AND the lats taken in a touch, tailoring all inclusive, from the Flagship store in Berlin, mind you. 500 Euro (about US$600), free tailoring included (a bit of charm always helps out with the ladies, the tailoring I later found out was close to 70Euros on its own!). I saw the same suit here in Australia, from a Discount Factory Outlet for couture brands, strewn on some nondescript shelf. ... Wait for it... AUS$2500! (US$2000)!!!

This is what we are used to contending with here. It's utterly ridiculous. You guys in the EU and US have it easy, I assure you. Spend some time in Australia with some slightly refined taste in clothing and you'll need to take a second job (or sell a kidney!) wink.gif

Hahaha if only I had a flair for the English language like you I would have written those exact words myself!! At least there is some one who understands my plea! Australia is ridiculous , out right ridiculous !!!