When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cyclops slighly crooked

Whatever123

Hi there,

I just noticed, the cyclops on my new WM9 sub is slightly crooked. It's not much, looks even worse on the pic than in person - but still it nags me a bit, now that I've noticed it... bangin.gif

So, what can I do? Take it off and re-glue it with UV adhesive? Ist that possible?

Buy a new clark crystal with 2,7mm gasket? May be crooked again or even worse...

Buy a gen crystal? Too expensive, I think...

Cheers,

Whatever

Where is the crown etch at 6:00 oriented in relation? Is it dead on at 6:00, or slightly off?

Basically, I'm trying to determine whether it's the crystal that's crooked or the cyclops. If it's just the crystal, a slight adjustment can fix that. Even if it's the cyclops, you can realign (though that will mean removal and re-install of the cyclops).

Where is the crown etch at 6:00 oriented in relation? Is it dead on at 6:00, or slightly off?

Basically, I'm trying to determine whether it's the crystal that's crooked or the cyclops. If it's just the crystal, a slight adjustment can fix that. Even if it's the cyclops, you can realign (though that will mean removal and re-install of the cyclops).

Hi ubi,

thanks for the answer! Unfortunately the crystal has no crown etch. It's the BK version, I believe he uses Clark crystals, right?

I don't think, adjusting the crystal will help, the angle doesn't look like that. I guess I'll better send the watch to Domi... but as it's sure a lot more work to realign the cyclops, it might make sense to buy a new clark crystal (they go for 23$ on the bay) and have Domi install it...

I read somewhere here that a 2,5mm gasket would be right for the clark crystal - but the auctions now say he can supply only 3mm and 2,7mm. So 2,7mm will work too, or won't it?

Thanks,

Whatever

Are you sure this watch originates from BK? BK fixes these issues. The WM9 etched crown is also very hard to see with the naked eye.

Hi!

No, I'm not sure, because I bought the watch from another member. But I have no reason not to trust him.

Can you judge from pics if it's the BK version or not? Here are some more pics:

And I just searched the crystal with a loupe... definitely no etched crown!

W.

Adjusting the crystal is a piece of cake. It's just a matter of rotating the crystal either clockwise or counter-clockwise. But in order to do that, you need to remove the crystal ring:

Thanks, ubi!

I managed to rotate the crystal by about 1mm clockwise. I think it looks much better now, although it's still not perfect.

Still a bit askew, but that last bit can only be changed by re-positioning the cyclops or getting a new crystal.

I think I'll live with it for now... unsure.gif

Cheers,

Whatever

Hi, I'm the seller of the watch to Whatever123.

The clock is original BK. V2 is a Rolex Submariner series M. He has changed the pearl because in my view, that of Ofrei looked much better. The crystal is a Clark therefore has NO taxable crown.

The clock is fine, I am sorry that Whatever you look at 123 with a magnifying glass, but I assure you that at no time have I cheated. Anyway, not perfect, if they were not talking here about whether the watch has this, or is that ...

I say here publicly, that if you want to return the watch, I am willing to return the money without any problem. Although I say that is original.

I hope you enjoy it.

Sorry my poor English, I am using google-translator.

Hi mac,

don't worry, the watch is great, I love it! I didn't want to complain at all. The watch is almost perfect, the crooked cyclops is a very small flaw. It's a rep after all, they're never perfect! Thanks again!

Cheers,

Whatever

Ok, sorry.

I like you were not happy and that's why I make my offer to pay you back. But I see that you are happy and I would not at any time that was not so.

A greeting.