When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

201A Build

vlydog

Considering a possible 201A project and I am curious to see what the forum thinks of the recipe that I have constructed.

Case-Wachtmeister

Dial-FGD

Hands-FGD or Davidsan

Crown guard-LH

Crown-t

Buckle-Rolexfinder

Crystal?

Movement?

I would love to hear if there are any other winning combinations.

Thanks

I'm also building a 201/A. Have gen crown and CG. Case is EL.

HANDS:

I'd go for the new FGD hands.. they look perfect.

MOVEMENT 18k beat old school movement:

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNITAS-ETA-6497-1-BASIC-Watch-Movement-small-s-9h-/370365206123?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563b7c8e6b

THICK CRYTSAL:

Need some inputs as well. I am not satisfied with what we have in the market. I have had one that was bulit by VAC. I wish i knew the source of that crystal. it was very thick saphire crystal.

Hope above helps!

Flex

Thanks a lot B for your feedback. Going to be visiting Madison this summer.

Cool! Fun town, on a hot summer day you can hit the Dell's... You will love this build Bro! I have had and sold 3 now that were basically the same. The 3 dumbest things I have ever done... There will be a 4th!

My reciepe is to be friend's with a Blane-io!

Get a Jakob caseback and voila!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if watchmeister's new "pre-v" style case will come with a crystal? It might be premature, but it'd be good to know! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's my "proposed" build of my 201/A that I'm trying to collect parts for:

case: watchmeisters's Pre-V style case (upon release)

crystal: ???

crown guard: Little Hero

crown: Palp SS

movement: ETA 6497 (ofrei)

dial: FGD 201/A (upon release)

hands: FGD Pre-V hands (upon release)

caseback: Jakob's 201/A

On the fence right now between the new Palp SS crown or a T48. The new palp is thicker and beefier looking (which I like), I guess until I have them side by side (or installed on the case) I don't know yet.

This is a good idea.. at least i know some brothers out there are putting all this thing together..im in the same boat at the moment..still on hold coz cant find any more parts at the moment .. >>

case: DSN

crystal: ???

crown guard: DSN

crown: DSN

movement: ETA 6497

dial: FGD 201/A (upon release) --- Waiting

hands: FGD Pre-V hands (upon release) --- waiting..

caseback: Jakob's 201/A

Im building the 202a too..but still on hold because hard to get stuff

Well mate you are travelling on a well worn path.... So there should be lots of advice available :thumbsupsmileyanim: Pamman or Drazen you going to chime in ;)

For me the WM case is a no brainer

FGD hands should be the latest version as the older ones I understand arent quite correct on lume area

FGD dial with some slight modding will be the right way

Defo a Swiss 6497, plenty about 2nd hand or to Otto for about $140

Jakob CB is a must or there are alternatives not as good but good nonethe less (EL etc)

Crystal personally my choice would be the EL as its closest I have seen to gen. Though there are some close reps out there. ( I think I have one somewehere!) I have heard a few from the bay have been upto the mark but cant vouch personally, of course you can see the odd gen for $150 $200 not often though.

Crown if your going with LH CG, which in my opion needs some very slight modding if your being picky ;), the crown - I would go for the shallow cup that comes from the one based on Palps not T as his cup is too deep and if your working with a virgin LH you have enough to work with on both.

Look forward to seeing the end piece mate:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Is WMs ready now then, I havent been around much myself but I did put my name down for a couple a long time ago....