When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh Swiss ETA SS Submariner

rlyeh

Hello guys.

I have SS sub from Josh SWISS ETA, it was working great for about 2 years. But recently started to stop if i rely only on its auto-winding system.

My watchmaker said, it has problem with auto-rewind system, but he can't repair it because he don't have clone-eta parts, and gen ETA parts wont fit on it.

Josh saying, it has SWISS ETA..

Where can i get parts for my movement?

These are pictures of my movement.

Red lines are the parts, my watchmaker needs to fix auto-wind mechanism.

Please, help me identify movement, and tell if its real to find replacement parts. If yes, where from?

http://mao.maxaon.net/public_html/P1020049.JPG

http://mao.maxaon.net/public_html/P1020052.JPG

Thanks in advance.

If Josh says its a swiss ETA, then genuine swiss parts should fit it. Something is amiss here I'd say. :g:

You might find want to find a gen ETA 2836-2 for this one. Problem is, because it's two years old, Josh has no obligation to guarantee the movement. I think it was two or more years ago when Clone Swiss movements began to emerge, but being sold as gen swiss. I could be wrong though.

Look at the reversing wheels (the parts you need to replace) ... this is Clone ETA. black_eye.gif Sorry.

2 years ago, the clone ETA scandal had not yet been uncovered by Eurotimez. No one knew we were being sold clones until maybe 18 months ago?

Thanks for the replys.

So what movement is exactly in my watch. Which Clone ETA?

And where i can get (if it is possible) replacement parts to fix auto-winding system?

Big big thanks in advance.

Edited by rlyeh

Your movement photos are slightly out of focus and I can not read the stampings next to the balance wheel, so I can not tell which clone movement this is.

It will say "ETA xxxx-xx" ...

Look at the movement and you'll see the numbers there.

Your movement photos are slightly out of focus and I can not read the stampings next to the balance wheel, so I can not tell which clone movement this is.

It will say "ETA xxxx-xx" ...

Look at the movement and you'll see the numbers there.

If i remember correctly the only stampings movement has are showed on photo clearly :(

I have 4 Asian made ETA copies fof 2824-2s and 1 Asian made copy of 2836-2 and 2 gen ETA 2836-2s all of which I service myself. I have replaced the reversing wheels on two of the Asian made 2824s and one of Asian made 2836s with gen ETA parts from Ofrei and they work great. Matter of fact...the clone reversers are a weak link in the Asian made copies and often get to sticking and ultimately result in your problem. The gen ETA parts are much superior. It is not a big job to replace them. I bought some from the Bay that came from Cairo, Egypt for $3.99 and $5.99...worked great.

I have replaced several parts in my clones (which are not even all from the same factory) with gen parts and have had no problems. I have replaced reversers, winding pinion, mainspring, stem, balance complete, etc. No problem.

I'm not saying that there are no closes out there that will not accept gen parts...just that mine do.

MT

Edited by preacher62

My experience has been that clone ETA 28xx will accept all of the gen parts that I've tried. I find it odd that your watchsmith can't replace something.

The entire autowind bridge comes off with three screws, you might want to give it a go yourself. It's quite easy. You can pick up a donor movement on eBay for < $30 shipped if you're patient/careful.