When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great rep story!

Earlier today I received my 42mm Bell & Ross BR01-92 limited edition watch with carbon fiber face from watcheden. The quality for this $88 watch is magnificent, it is really beautiful. Anyways, I had an issue with a pin from the clasp falling out so I went to a local watch shop. The shop is very exclusive and carries patek, rolex, cartier, etc. I pulled out the watch to show the worker my problem, and he admired my watch. He was a Bell & Ross fan like me. We got talking and then I revealed that it was a replica, and he couldnt believe it. He looked at it some more and stated that he couldnt tell a real one from mine apart. He fixed it, and now it's on my wrist. I love the quality that reps can have at the fraction of the cost of a real one. I also will commend WatchEden for their quality, service, and great prices. Any other stories anyone want to share?

Edited by KeeperOfWatches

I was really excited so I went to the closest watch place. Now that I look back, I probably should have gone to a low end watch place. If there's a next time, I will make sure to take your advice!

Here's the link for my watch. The BR01-92 should be 46mm, but 46mm is too big for me and I love the carbon look so I opted for the "fantasy" 42mm version.

http://www.watcheden.com/bell-ross-br01-92-automatic-pvd-case-with-black-carbon-fibre-style-dial-white-markers-42mm-i-41179-p-1.html

So the worker in the AD who is a BELL & ROSS fan did not note the missing 4mm, he must really know his watches!

Ref the AD at least you know now and for any other new members read the rules please!

Enjoy your B&R

He was a fan, not an expert, he just liked the watch and I guess it wasn't his expertise. He said it looked real, but I'm sure that's what 99.9% of non-experts would say if they saw a watch and it looked solid and of good quality. I'm really happy with it, and shipping took only about 2 weeks from halfway across the world. Now what watch to get next... :p

A BR owner and a BR seller thought your $88.00 BR ' "fantasy" 42mm version' rep was a gen till you let them in on your little secret?? Who you trying to kid here.... Really, bangin.gif never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Hey... I am sure it is a very nice watch and you are very excited to share it with people and I hope you enjoy it.

I had a slightly different experience with a watch in an AD - I wore my SMP last week and decided that it was time to get a replacement for the wrong-height link in the bracelet. The guy in the AD was really shirty with me, OK, I probably didn't look like one of his regular customers, I'd ridden the 8 miles to the shopping centre on my bicycle, in grubby gardening shorts and a band t-shirt. In reality, I probably looked like a builder, and he definitely had a hard time believing I was one of Omega's target demographic.

I wandered in, looked at some wrist candy, and was asked if he could help me, in a tone which implied he probably couldn't. I asked if I could get a replacement link for my watch and he asked to see it, so I showed him and he asked if I could take it off as he would have to ensure that it was genuine. I know what you're all thinking, but I handed it over and he scuttled out to the back room, probably overjoyed at the prospect of removing an oik's rep from the world.

Of course, it's a gen. He came back with a price for a link, I smiled and asked him to order it, he asked for my phone number and address and when I gave it, just about stopped myself advising him not to judge people by appearance (I am fortunate enough to have lived in London for a while, property around here is cheap in comparison and I live in a very nice area as a result).

When I pick it up, I'm tempted to wear my rep GTXL, just to see if he's as snotty over that one :)

Edited by DickBrowne