When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2538.20 GMT Finally Finished

dluddy

This has always been one of my all time favorite Omega Seamasters. The white dial with the white lume and contrast with the Black hands and Red GMT hand is visually stunning IMO.

The Genuine:

genuine253820greatwhite.jpg

I found an Old School ETA model on the board as a base to start with. As you can see, the lume is an awful green tint and the hands are silver. Other than that, the dial print and case and bracelet are very good as many of the early Seamaster reps were. Since this one has no He valve, no need to worry about the correct placement.

The Before:

omega253820seamastergmt.jpg

I sourced Gen hands from Ofrei and sent it up to Ziggy for a make-over. Ziggy worked his magic to get the seconds hand to fit and unfortunately the Gen GMT hand cannot be made to fit as others have pointed out, but the Rep hand is pretty good albeit slightly different shape that only a WIS would ever spot. Some C1 Superlume to the dial , Chief Double AR on the crystal, and we have a winner.

omega253820omegagreatwh.jpg

Overall, not quite a Franken since in my book a Gen dial is a must, but I am very pleased with the results and pretty spot on to the Gen for under $400. Ziggy did an amazing job on the lume given that he had to strip off the horrible rep green lume, paint the indicies white and relume in C1....all while keeping the black outline around the lume marker visible. Hats off as I don't know how he does it. The guy is a true artist thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

What do you think?

The wristie: