When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP JA True Flying Centre Tourbillon Replica mini review

gran

AP Jules Audemars True Flying Centre Tourbillon Replica mini review

This watch is a superb example of chinese replica horlogerie at its summit, both technically and aesthetically.The factories has created a stunningly beautiful luxury-like timepiece for the most discriminating of replica collectors and aficionados. It is a beautiful watch and very well made.

Comparison to a genuine is not really useful as it lacks several functions in the most similar genuine model the Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars Tourbillon Minute Repeater Chronograph watch

drgransaptourbillion1.jpg

drgransaptourbillion2.jpg

Movement PTS 3310 (Centre Flying Tourbillon Handwind 40 hour power reserve)

Beat 28.800bpm

Functions: Hours, Minutes, 24 Hour indicator and true Centre Flying Tourbillon

CASE DIAMETER: 42mm (Evaluation: Relatively large size is a big pluss)

THICKNESS: 12.5mm (Evaluation: very reasonable thickness)

DIAL COLOR: White Dial, Roman Markers (Evaluation: Exellent size and look)

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L, 1 (Evaluation: High quality)

Strap: Leather Strap with Buckle insignia (Evaluation: average quality)

FRONT CRYSTAL: Sapphire Crystal (Evaluation: very solid and of high quality. As good as it can get)

BACK GLASS: Display Caseback (Evaluation: sufficient quality) With Detail Engraving (Evaluation: Superbly done but unfortunately engraving mentions functions not present in watch)

BEZEL: Polished Bezel (Evaluation:Excellent finish)

HACK MOVEMENT: No (no seconds so really no point in hack)

Water Resistant: Yes according to producer but can pigs fly

Dealer: Mary

Price: Less than 530USD (Evaluation: Best price possible for this level of quality Tourbillon watch. Note that price of genuine swiss tourb is often over 100.000USD )

Accuracy has not been tested for more than 8 hours in my hands but seem to be sufficiently accurate. Likely +/- 15 seconds a day but this need to be verified

Conclusion: I am happy with this gorgeous watch and with the service from Mary

Happy Timekeeping

Dr.Gran

wow! good looking rep.

Could you put a youtube video to see how the tourbillon works please??

Tourbillion in my watch moves like in this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/user/KultuhrTourbillon

However there is a slightly different shape to the tourbillon cage on the AP replica

This is a nice looking watch...very ellegant and wearable with suit and tie or jeans and sneakers.

And when its broken in it should run much better, at least better than +/- 15 sec/day....thats what the tourbillon is for, work against gravity and earth-spinning to make the balance swing very accurate.

Thanks for the pics.....would really apreciate if you can do a comparison shot with...lets say any other AP.

Theo

This is a nice looking watch...very ellegant and wearable with suit and tie or jeans and sneakers.

And when its broken in it should run much better, at least better than +/- 15 sec/day....thats what the tourbillon is for, work against gravity and earth-spinning to make the balance swing very accurate.

Thanks for the pics.....would really apreciate if you can do a comparison shot with...lets say any other AP.

Theo

Closest looking genuine AP JA:

26050PT.OO.D002CR.01.jpg

26084bc.zz.d056cr.01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With a rep that costs that much why don't they make it more accurate, is a tourbillon mov't in gen different than what's available as a rep and therefore they can't make it the same? I ask because I have yet to see an actual Tourbillon rep that is fairly accurate to a gen...

With a rep that costs that much why don't they make it more accurate, is a tourbillon mov't in gen different than what's available as a rep and therefore they can't make it the same? I ask because I have yet to see an actual Tourbillon rep that is fairly accurate to a gen...

well obviously it's a different movement, it's about 99.500$ more!

and since the whole point of a tourbillon is to look at it, they cannot possibly make an accurate replica ;)

gruß, felix

EDIT: I see what you mean, the chinese tourbillon is not a replication of any existing movement as far as I know.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the roman numeral 4 is IIII instead of IV?

Yes some have yowza..looka more balanced that IIII..I am sure some members even knows the story behind that

"There is a story that a famous clockmaker had constructed a clock for Louis XIV, king of France. The clockmaker had naturally used IV for four. When the clock was shown to the king, he remarked that IIII should have been used instead of IV. When it was explained to him that IV was correct, he still insisted, so that there was nothing to do but change the clock dial. This introduced the custom of using IIII for four. This is probably only a story, however, as IIII occurs long before the time of Louis XIV. And this same story is also told in connection with other monarchs. There is one reason why IIII is preferable to IV, and it may have caused the change. On the other side of the clock dial the VIII is the heaviest number, consisting of four heavy strokes and one light one, as it is usually made. It would destroy the symmetry to have the IV with only two heavy strokes on the other side. Thus IIII with four heavy strokes is much to be preferred. The change may therefore have been made for reasons of symmetry."

From Time & Timekeepers, W. I. Milham, The Macmillan Company, New York, 1947, p. 196:

• 6 months later...

Yes some have yowza..looka more balanced that IIII..I am sure some members even knows the story behind that

"There is a story that a famous clockmaker had constructed a clock for Louis XIV, king of France. The clockmaker had naturally used IV for four. When the clock was shown to the king, he remarked that IIII should have been used instead of IV. When it was explained to him that IV was correct, he still insisted, so that there was nothing to do but change the clock dial. This introduced the custom of using IIII for four. This is probably only a story, however, as IIII occurs long before the time of Louis XIV. And this same story is also told in connection with other monarchs. There is one reason why IIII is preferable to IV, and it may have caused the change. On the other side of the clock dial the VIII is the heaviest number, consisting of four heavy strokes and one light one, as it is usually made. It would destroy the symmetry to have the IV with only two heavy strokes on the other side. Thus IIII with four heavy strokes is much to be preferred. The change may therefore have been made for reasons of symmetry."

From Time & Timekeepers, W. I. Milham, The Macmillan Company, New York, 1947, p. 196:

That's the same story I know for the IV / IIII debate but I never had a source. Excellent research and great find :)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gorgeous Watch Gran.

Congratulations.

Thanks! it was a wedding present from my wife two years back...wore it all the way to Las Vegas :)