When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out this interesting ETA 7750 for a vintage Daytona.

gavidoc

Asked about the validity of an ETA 7750 as I was really interested in it. Turns out that it is an older 7750 and not hte newer ones as it has the plastic break and the circle under the regulator.

1-1.jpg

4.jpg

I was ok with that due to the uniqueness of it. What had originally caught my eye was a an extra part that had 2 extra gears on it and the lack of a date wheel and day wheel. Not to mention the pivot points for those gears are jeweled.

check out the interesting extra gears....What could that be?

2.jpg

Well from the pictures (I just bought it) it looks like a pre-7753 tri-compax 3,6,9 dial layout. Look at the location of the chrono hands. Those extra gears are used to move the 30 min. counter from 12 to 3.

3.jpg

so, if that's the case, I now have an ETA 7750 with a 3,6,9 mod that appears legit as the mainplate looks to have been modified for it. So no need for the extra Asian 7750 mod. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This baby will be going into the soon to be bought DW Daytona I'm going to get.

post-5355-069362900 1277467409_thumb.jpg

post-5355-003023700 1277467417_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. I wish I knew what watch the movement came from but the seller obtained it in a huge movement and parts sale that he conducted with a local jeweler (he's in Hungary) that takes in old gold cased watches and melts the gold down and sells the left over parts.

It will more then likely need a service but I paid less then 200 for the thing so I can't complain. :) I just ordered two DW daytonas (a 2 color white PN and a black standard) so I'll have to decide which one to put the movement in. :victory: