When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

calling all DSSD experts - please chime in

ocram

Since I've tried on the Gen DSSD I really want one of them!!

But there are a lot of Versions for different prices. And I've never been a Rollie expert. So what do you think about this one??? Please help me decide. Thanks a lot in advance

www.rwgforum.com/topic/119143-latest-ult-rolex-deep-sea-dweller-with-correct-10-bezel/page__pid__855279#entry855279

That's a V5 Ultimate. Similar if not the same as what Josh and Andrew offer. Nice watch. I got a very similar one from Trevortime. His prices beat everyone else around.. His watch is the same with a little better and bolder engraving on the ring lock. He sells the ETA 2836 for $250usd.

Unfortunately, lately he seems to be kinda shoddy on the qc from what a couple members here have expressed... My experience with him was great, but I'd get in contact with him and show his some photos of the EXACT watch you're interested in, so that he can double make sure that he has it. I'm a huge fan of him and his prices and of his customer service.. but I realize that not everyone has had such a flawless experience with him. I'm hoping as time goes on he'll prove himself to everyone as he's proven to me :)

Now that Eurotimez has fallen of the face of the planet, it looks like the Trevortime DSSD is the best alternative. I have never dealt with him, but as Plaifender stated, you need to send him a photo and tell him you want one that looks exactly like the photo. If he is agreeable then proceed, otherwise I would keep looking. It seems as though the DSSD frenzy has died down over the past few months. It was the topic of half the posts in the Rolex forum for sevveral months last fall and early spring. I would do some reading and see what the differences are. Some are scary close to genuine, others aren't close at all.I expect that WM9 will get around to building a DSSD, but he is so far behind on the projects he has going right now, it will probably be a year or two at least before he has anything, and that is provided they stay popular and in demand.

Hi, Im sorry, Plaif, but that's not a v5 at all.

It's Not even a v3 "Ultimate" ... look at the dial. Fat marker rings and no date window bevel?? It's looks like an old v3 cartel version.

Unless the date window bevel is there, and not visible to me ...in which case it is a v3 "latest" version, exactly like the Cartel dealers carry.

You have two choices:

Cartel v3 Ultimate or 2010 v5 ... these are two different watches, not versions of the same watch. OK?

They are both good watches with certain small cosmetic issues. You can always tell them apart, since the v3's hour markers are too fat.

Choose whichever you like best, from a dealer you can trust and you will be happy.

IMO, it has the 'ETZ' v5 bezel insert (curved top triangle) but the rest is = or >V3 because of the dial, as others mentioned, but also because the HEV is not recessed.

I've had three of these suckers and the best you can buy (again only IMO) is the Ult with 316f with older Ult non316f clasp (better definition) and then ziggified.

Hello all ,well I received my dssd from trevor and I happy as a lark finally the blue lume is consistant on the hour hand and markers. Great looking bold white markers on the bezel....only question I have is the winding of the crown stem seems a little

jagged not smooth in the winding like my 4 other reps I had.

But the lume is great ... I will probly send to have water proofed..who here can water proof??

Thanks again....

Hello all ,well I received my dssd from trevor and I happy as a lark finally the blue lume is consistant on the hour hand and markers. Great looking bold white markers on the bezel....only question I have is the winding of the crown stem seems a little

jagged not smooth in the winding like my 4 other reps I had.

But the lume is great ... I will probly send to have water proofed..who here can water proof??

Thanks again....

any pics you can post stretch???

any pics you can post stretch???

Well I do not have a digital camera ....but I ll see what I can do and have a friend take a few shots for me...give me a couples days here as I will be out of town friday thru monday. :whistling:

Edited by stretchrunner

Since you are in Texas, you should see if Vaccum can do it. He's a good modder/servicer in your area.

Yeah,I have been trying to reach vaccum .... do you know how to reach him as I would like to waterproof and service.

I have a question the lume is great blue thru and thru but it only lasts for a few minutes....if I have it relumed will this take care of having a longer lasting blue lume???

Thanks

Edited by stretchrunner

:bangin: OPPs ..sorry there ..I see vaccum does the water proofing also.

Yes well .. rep lume can be bright, but it never lasts more than an 30 mins or so unless you are in total darkness.

Gen lume is bright and in order to be ranked as "super luminova" it has to remain visible for 7 hours (or is it 6) after charging.Now that does not mean it will remain brilliant for 6 or 7 hours. No .. just visible. It fades, just not quickly.

As for where to find Vac .. I think he just posted to his area yesterday? His email address is in his forum signature.

Thanks to advice from Jkay I just ordered my first rep watch. A DSSD from Trevortime. I cant wait to see how I like it.

Pictures to follow once I get my new watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hope everything goes well with the purchase! Trevor is a great guy to deal with normally as long as he doesn't have too much personal stuff to deal with :)

The hour marker rings are so slim and beautiful. It just needs a pearl dome ...

I just noticed the OGEV and RLS look *perfect* in their positioning. That's a first, for me .. I've never seen one so good.

doh but I also noted the end link fit. You could fly an airplane thru that gap.

What size tool do I need and where can I purchase to open the back of my dssd I see my tools for the rolex are too small.

Great looking watch you have there sir....I do not have a digital cam or I would show you my watch from trevor.

Im having it waterproofed ,relume ,pearl replaced and AR done soon.

Question is it me or is the dome crystal quite glaring??

I do not like the glare that is put off when trying to read the time and it just doesnt seem like it should have this problem when trying to read the time....so I thought that I would have it AR ,I guess it is a personal choice..has anyelse done this to the DSSD?? thanks