When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sales prices in member sales

kbh

I'm sorry but some things really burn me up on rep forums and a lot are FS posts with ridiculous prices.

I could have posted this in the sales thread but that would be rather rude, I suspect. I was just looking at a sale for a Noob dial and hands for roughly $51 plus PP fees and shipping extra. Apparently someone actually bought it so I know you're going to say the market is whatever a seller is willing to pay. Well, some sellers are suckers that shouldn't be taken advantage of.

The whole watch can be bought for less than what the esteemed member wants for the dial and hands. Currently Mark at Timeshops is selling this watch for $40 plus PP and shipping extra. The thread ie here:Timeshops Noob

Here's part of his sales post:

Movement type:

asian 21j automatic - 40USD

asian copy 2836 - 93USD

swiss eta 2836 - 129USD

asian copy swiss rolex 3135 movement - 191USD

Above watch detail:

1. brushed high grade 316L steel band

2. hollow midlinks of the band. high quality !

3. the bezel and pearl absolutely be centered correctly ! it's perfect !

4. strongly and perfect green lume. (yes. already test)

5. Noobfactory made 1:1 version perfect !

6. Our Noobfactory Rolex watch Have V serial. and it's best version and new version came out from noobfactory. please buy with confidence !

7. Only Rolex SUB ceramic bezel version have blue lume as same as Deep sea. another 3 version are all green lume just like oringinal watch.

Well, this is after all a forum with willing seller and buyer, another's man's trash is another man's treasure. I believe as with all purchases - Caveat Emptor, Buyer beware, if you dun do sufficient research or might be plain lazy too, perhaps this is the extra you pay. Sometimes the benefit of doubt should be given to the seller as well cos he might not have gotten his stuff at the lowest possible price, for eg, i for one, wouldn't know where to get a noob factory sub for 40 quid till you posted.

Just mho.

G

What's TimeShop's correct url? The one I Googled says the gen ETA Noobmariner is $290 .. quite a difference from $129.

Follow the link to RWI where he's a trusted dealer and order through there. This is a special sale and I don't know if it's it's on his website since I haven't bought one.

i for one, wouldn't know where to get a noob factory sub for 40 quid till you posted.

So true. That's half the price Narikaa asks during his special sales, and I thought that was a great price. (unless TimeShops really nails you on shipping. I dunno)

So true. That's half the price Narikaa asks during his special sales, and I thought that was a great price. (unless TimeShops really nails you on shipping. I dunno)

Narikaa had them for around $68 when he was in Thailand. PWC has them regularly for somewhere around $70, as I recall. He's currently out of stock though.

Even Josh's Beginmariner for $108 delivered makes a dial and hands at around $60 delivered way too expensive in my book.

Narikaa had them for around $68 when he was in Thailand. PWC has them regularly for somewhere around $70, as I recall. He's currently out of stock though.

Even Josh's Beginmariner for $108 delivered makes a dial and hands at around $60 delivered way too expensive in my book.

68 UK Pounds, not dollars. 40 dollars according to the post above, on special offer from Timeshops .. that's half price.Unless TS charges a lot for shipping; I don't know.

The seller's a VIP member with posts more than a couple of us put together.. dun think he'll risk getting called out on himself for that extra $10-20. i'm sure there is a reason we're not aware of like.. he paid a lot more than he should have? Just my 2c, afterall, he's not trying to sell a Wm9 V2 for $1k or something..

Guys,

indeed the market makes it's own prices.

And a price in a sales post isn't always the same price as it's sold for.

Just took a quick look at a post on RWI from member jll3 who bought the glorious Noob mariner from Timeshop

This is the link to the post:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/does-swiss-made-look-right-56210.html

Let the words and especially the picture tell the rest of the story of this glorious exceptional Noob mariner :rofl:

Like a wise man once said: " all animals are equal but some animals are more equal then others "

Carpe Diem

Cats

Very true, but it could be a case of mistaken shipment. I'm sure the whole place over there would be up in arms if Timeshops promised $130 ETA Noobmariners and delivered a case of Poopmariners instead.

But who am I to say; I don't know any of the parties involved.

Just took a quick look at a post on RWI from member jll3 who bought the glorious Noob mariner from Timeshop

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/does-swiss-made-look-right-56210.html

Let the words and especially the picture tell the rest of the story of this glorious exceptional Noob mariner :rofl:

Just had a look at that thread and had a really good laugh.. Then i looked at the FS noobmariner dial here and i have to agree with Cats. I wouldn't touch that timeshop crap with a 10 yard stick... not even sure any of the parts can be used for projects or mods. kbh, u sure its the identical thing we're talking bout here? Otherwise its really a non issue blown out of proportion

The seller's a VIP member with posts more than a couple of us put together.. dun think he'll risk getting called out on himself for that extra $10-20. i'm sure there is a reason we're not aware of like.. he paid a lot more than he should have? Just my 2c, afterall, he's not trying to sell a Wm9 V2 for $1k or something..

I'd wanna agree with all of that! :)

Guys,

indeed the market makes it's own prices.

And a price in a sales post isn't always the same price as it's sold for.

Like a wise man once said: " all animals are equal but some animals are more equal then others "

Carpe Diem

Cats

Come on Cats, You know that wasn't the same as what TS is selling. And I agree that was a piece of poop.

The original seller hasn't been named yet, but it's certainly not the one as pictured in the sales post from TS. If it is, I don't think TS will be a trusted dealer much longer on the forum.

Edit: Here's a quote I just received from the buyer of that abortion:

This is not Timeshop's noob. If you order it, let me know how you like it when you get it. I almost ordered Mark's.

Edited by kbh

@KBH

first you don't know what the buyer paid for the dial and hands so your remarks are based upon assumptions.

I took a look at the sales section of the trusted dealer and could find a lot regarding TimeShop.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/attempted-purchase-story-so-far-56204.html

Only one post with a funny/tricky story about a crashing side etc.

But this is a free world/forum and you are entitled to your opinion , if you don't mind a disagree with you.

Carpe Diem

Cats